This can't be true

this.png

Photobucket
Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: This can't be true

How is that even relevant, mm? Unions help people. Cigarette kill people.
Message 21 of 43
Latest reply

@monman12 wrote:

DY: "This can't be true"
So why post it?
"It's a small donation I suppose, but is it true?"
Why not research it?

Who needs corporate donations when the ALP head office, the ACTU, can slap a levy on union members?  Also the monies raised by these "voluntary" additional contributions do not have to be shown as political donations when they are used for political advertising paid for with the  ACTU monies.

"The ACTU's national office gave $200,000 to Labor at the last election. Altogether, unions gave Labor $5.14 million in declared donations. They spent even more on third-party campaigning, such as advertising totalling $12.14 million in 2010-11."

I wonder how much was involved in the period 1998 - 2011?, gosh over 200 million dollars, "This can't be true"

nɥºɾ

kind of irrelevant, the ACTU does not advocate smoking. the libs have well heeled types to donate money to them , despite the imputation, unions donating money to the ALP is fine. the electrical trades union under dean mighell donated to the liberal party in the past so.. meh.

Message 22 of 43
Latest reply

I'd hate to think what the Tabacco companies get in return for their corporate donations.

Message 23 of 43
Latest reply

Sarcasm is a funny thing.

There are technical difficulties on the Liberal Party website and I could not find published dontations, where should I look Monman?

Photobucket
Message 24 of 43
Latest reply

There's a whole site for parliamentarian declarations, donations etc. I can't remember where I saw it, but maybe search gov.au? One of the interesting things there, is seeing how fast / slow ministers are to declare gifts... and Malcolm turnbulls business conflict declarations ... and what they do with their gifts... and who gives them.
Message 25 of 43
Latest reply

DY, I think research is a form of self motivation!

LL: "the electrical trades union under dean mighell donated to the liberal party in the past so.. meh."
 I am unable to find a reference to that LL, so  could you provide one?

"meh" ?

In 2010 Dean Mighell gave ETU members a vote to end affiliation to the Labor party, which they overwhelmingly did. In recent years the ETU have also donated substantial amounts of money to the Greens and Bob Katter

"the ETU have donated $50,000 to Katter"
"The ETU donated $225,000 to the Greens in 2010 to help send Adam Bandt and Richard di Natale to Canberra. According to the AEC’s Periodic Disclosures site, it donated $331,000 to Labor in the 2010-11 financial year, even though it formally disaffiliated at the start of that period."

"Kevin Rudd and  Julia Gillard have called Mighell a “thug” and in an election year (past) there’s clearly no room for union thugs."

"meh" ?

nɥºɾ

Message 26 of 43
Latest reply

i can't find mighell donating to the libs either, so i must be mistaken. Donations to katter probably follow his great belief in unionism, Katters grandfather used to fund court actions and strikes, one particularly famous case (which i also forget the details of)

i guess thats why bob appeals to mighell, a great believer in unions (he loves the word 'arbitration' i believe) and not from what mighell percieves as 'the left ' by any stretch of the imagination.

Message 27 of 43
Latest reply

Definitive statements,  meh !

nɥºɾ

Message 28 of 43
Latest reply

@para-gone wrote:

I'd hate to think what the Tabacco companies get in return for their corporate donations.

Photo of TA pretending he can ride?

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 29 of 43
Latest reply

@***super_nova*** wrote:

@para-gone wrote:

Photo of TA pretending he can ride?

LOL. Well if it is successful maybe we might see Tony as the next Solo man- "Light on the policies so you can scam them down fast"

Message 30 of 43
Latest reply