Thoughts and well wishes to those in the bushfire area of WA

Such tragic photos of complete destruction and also of fascinating weather phenomenon.

My thoughts and well wishes for anyone who is themselves, or who has family or friends in the region of the fires - stay safe Heart

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Same from me, as well. Stay safe.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

well said MB -same here 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

yep feel for those poor families who have lost everything in the fires or floods. if you have to go, go early.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Absolutely, I think it would be horrifying to see your life time of memories disappear and the most terrifying way to leave this world should it come to that

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I would like to thank you all for your well wishes, especially for the people of Yarloop.  I was down there last week sitting in the Resource center, which I think was once the old hospital. I looked at all the historical implements in a glass cabinet from the very early days of

settlement and thought how wonderful it was that these pieces of early Australian history were still here and being preserved. From that

room I went outside and watered the garden where they had a community garden in upraised beds full of healthy vital looking vegetables.

I have a bottle of worm castings water which one could purchase to put on your own garden.  We bought pickles and the best home made lemon butter one could buy, made by a man called Phil.  We had a lunch in the old Railway workshop with about 25 people not so long  ago which had the history of the historic township on the walls with all the old bits and bobs.   My husband and I have made it a practice along with other people we know to try and spend our money in the small towns, especially as small as Yarloop was to give our money back to the community, rather than spending in the city shops.  We try and buy presents when we need them in the country towns. 

We spent Sunday morning (we go to church there) talking with a gentleman from interstate whose son lived there. We looked at his

little well kept home and it was picture perfect.  He had just spent a lot of time building a decking with shadecloth and ferns out the

back.  Now................all gone.  He is a returned soldier from Afghanistan who has served his country well.  He was devastated to learn his war medals had been lost they were one of his most treasured possessions.   As luck would have it he went through the ruins of his home yesterday and found them in the rubble!!   Another friend had an old cottage further down the road, he too a returned Vet and he also was most concerned with losing his medals.  He  sifted through the ruins of his home and found them among the rubble.  But, he lost another treasured love in his life.............his kangaroo.  This kangaroo was like a dog.  It did many wonderful things and lived with them as a dog would. He was fully matured but so loved by this man and his wife. 

I could tell so many stories of the heartache of the people in the town my husband in particular knows, but it is gratifying to know of the

generosity of the Australian people when the chips are down. A lot of organisations have had to say stop donating food and clothing etc.

The Lord Mayor of Perth has an Appeal set up for donations. As for us, we shall go back when permitted. My husband has worked 3 days a week in this lovely little town, his heart is there for the town and its people.    Thank you all. You are such good people.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Animated crying emoticon.gif    missing-you mouse with tears for sheepie take 2.gif

Words fail me - beautifully written and glad the vets found their medals - but soooo heart wrenching

Heart to all

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply