Thoughts for those in bush fire regions

Hi all,

With bush fires raging in 3 States - lives and homes at risk, just wanted to share - thoughts are with those who may be effected and so hope it is does not effect anyone here

A sad start to the New Year for many . . . . . . . .

Message 1 of 106
Latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Re: Thoughts for those in bush fire regions

"Just in the few houses around me there are probably 100 birds (chooks and geese) 4 dogs, a couple of cats and 2 alpacas, there are also sometimes a couple of cows. You simply cant take them all on every extreme day and you certainly wouldnt be able to round them up and fit them all in a car in an emergency."

I think what a farmer told me once rings true. Their is a lot to be said for burning one paddock at the start of the season

or an area of a paddock and leaving it as just dirt.

Message 61 of 106
Latest reply

Inaccurate resorting does a lot of damage. Dogzonline has a lot yo answer for by not removing certain posts. People saying the keenels should have had trailers with crates set up gor such emergencies. ....sigh. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 62 of 106
Latest reply

Anyone in the North eastern subburs of Adelaide the The tattoo club of Australia would like to ask for donations of animal food ( hay, bird food dog cat anything thing that can help) cages kennels blankets etc. to help Mark Aldridge and friends.

These people have access that many dont and are asking that items can be dropped off at the The tattoo club of Australia 166 smart road st Agnes

Message 63 of 106
Latest reply

@the_hawk* wrote:

Let it go Chuk clearly some have different infomation and know more than the locals.

sad huh?

Cant say what I really would like to say on the subject so yeah I will let it go. For my own sake, got enough to worry about with people I know losing their homes (yes they were well prepared homes) fire still burns the best defenses. Others I know are still battling to save their homes. That person isnt worth it. My concern needs to go to those who are worth it

Message 64 of 106
Latest reply

It's an awful situation, hope your friends are ok Chuk. I have not turned the tv on since Christmas as I have small children here and as a family who fly a lot, the little ones are really distressed about the plane crash news, they are also heavily into dog rescue so can't take the chance of them seeing the news now. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 65 of 106
Latest reply

@chuk_77 wrote:

@the_hawk* wrote:

Let it go Chuk clearly some have different infomation and know more than the locals.

sad huh?

Cant say what I really would like to say on the subject so yeah I will let it go. For my own sake, got enough to worry about with people I know losing their homes (yes they were well prepared homes) fire still burns the best defenses. Others I know are still battling to save their homes. That person isnt worth it. My concern needs to go to those who are worth it

Sad to say, but with fires as fierce as those being experienced, and the wind changes and speed of the winds, I don't think it makes much difference how well prepared you are.  I find it quite amazing more has not been lost - but admittedly it's not over yet and while areas are inaccessible I guess the final tally of homes lost etc will inevitably & very sadly rise - but homes can be replaced - lives cannot.  I hope your friends can see that, hard as it would be at the moment and those still battling to save their homes I hope stay safe and you also . . . . .

Message 66 of 106
Latest reply

If you can't take animals why not set them free and at least give them a fighting chance

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 67 of 106
Latest reply

@mbselections00 wrote:

@chuk_77 wrote:

@the_hawk* wrote:

sad huh?

Sad to say, but with fires as fierce as those being experienced, and the wind changes and speed of the winds, I don't think it makes much difference how well prepared you are.  I find it quite amazing more has not been lost - but admittedly it's not over yet and while areas are inaccessible I guess the final tally of homes lost etc will inevitably & very sadly rise - but homes can be replaced - lives cannot.  I hope your friends can see that, hard as it would be at the moment and those still battling to save their homes I hope stay safe and you also . . . . .

no it didnt really matter in this case. The CFS have said this fire was beyond the most experienced fighters. It was just so unpredictable and fast moving. 

Im quite safe where I am. we were alert on the saturday with the ash falling on us but were about 15 minutes away from parts of the fire then it moved away.

Fingers crossed the fireys can get a real good hold of it before conditions worsen on wednesday. We already have some big gully winds happening

Message 68 of 106
Latest reply

@chuk_77 wrote:

@the_hawk* wrote:

sad huh?

I hope they win their fight.
I have friends that have been in today helping the animals and will be in there again tomorrow and they will keep going until they are sure all animals have been looked after.
Feed and water is a huge issue

Message 69 of 106
Latest reply

My sis had to evacuate in Vic but thank goodness the rain came and all returned without probs.

S.A. wasn't as lucky. Nice to see the coming together assisting anyone that needs, especially animals. 

image host
Message 70 of 106
Latest reply