Top Ten Favourtie Actors/Actresses

the*curse*of*pretoria
Community Member

Okay folks, you asked for it! Following are my ten favourite actors and actresses Pre 1970 and Post. As well as favourite TV stars male and female and favourite directors.

When I finished my list I realised I wasn't that concerned if people criticised them as most of these are universally accepted as great.

Okay, HERE WE GO.....!

TOP 10 FAVOURITE ACTRESSES PRE 1970

Bette Davis, Jean Harlow, Olivia de Havilland, Dorothy Macguire, Kim Novak, Shirley Temple, Mae West, Elizabeth Taylor, Jayne Mansfield, Vivien Leigh

TOP 10 FAVOURITE ACTRESSES POST 1970

Cher, Whitney Houston, Kathleen Turner, Susan Sarandon, Whoopi Goldberg, Goldie Hawn, Julia Roberts, Sharon Stone, Meryl Streep, Elizabeth Shue

TOP 10 FAVOURITE ACTORS PRE 1970

Mickey Rooney, Errol Flynn, Claude Rains, Montgomery Clift, Lewis Stone, James Stewart, Rex Harrisson, Farley Granger, Lionel Barrymore, Rod Steiger

TOP 10 FAVOURITE ACTORS POST 1970

John Candy, Eddie Murphy, Arnold Schwarzennegger, Ryan Philippe, Martin Lawrence, John Travolta,  Macaulay Culkin, Robin Williams, Anthony Hopkins, Kurt Russell

TOP 10 FAVOURITE TV STARS (FEMALE)

Bette White, Shannon Doherty, Joan Collins, Patricia Arquette, Jane Badler, Roseanne Barr, Linda Hamilton, Kirstie Alley, Jennie Garth, Estelle Getty

TOP 10 FAVOURITE TV STARS (MALE)

Gary Coleman, Jason Priestley, the actor who plays the butler on The Nanny (yes, I know someone will undoubtedly think they are being very clever googling the show and posting his name here, I'm quite capable of doing that myself thankyou, only I can't be darned, okies?), Robert Englund, David Letterman, Marc Singer, John Forsythe, Michael J. Fox, John Goodman, Jason Donovan.

TOP 10 FAVOURITE DIRECTORS

Joseph L. Mankerwitz (sp?), Steven Spielberg, Wes Craven, Alfred Hitchcock, Woody Allen, Michael Curtiz, John Carpenter, James Cameron, George Stevens, Victor Fleming

Now gimme the lurve.... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

toowoomba*tart
Community Member

The actor who plays the butler on The Nanny is: Daniel Davis ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 2 of 50
Latest reply

Now OP!!..... Name a film that each of your choices has been in!

iPad user ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 3 of 50
Latest reply

Fav. Actress Pre 1970.......Elizabeth Taylor.

Fav. Actor Pre 1970........Errol Flynn, James Stewart.

Fav. Actress Post 1970......Meryl Streep, Susan Sarandon.

Fav. Actor Post 1970........Anthony Hopkins Eddie Murphy.

Fav. TV Star (Female).....Bette White, Roseanne Barr

Fav. TV Star (Male).......Michael J. Fox.

Directors...........Steven Spielberg, Alfred Hitchcock.

These are mine.

Message 4 of 50
Latest reply

hum*vee
Community Member

I am really liking the aussie saying:

"come in the spinner"

:^O

Message 5 of 50
Latest reply

the*curse*of*pretoria
Community Member

This is for you vintage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86vUaEkA5ic

Purple haize, are you actually saying we agree on something?

Platinum plated, gibberish nonsense as usual ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 50
Latest reply

toowoomba*tart
Community Member

I am really liking the aussie saying:

"come in the spinner"

:^O

And you'd know all about **spinning**, wouldn't you darhls? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 7 of 50
Latest reply

the*curse*of*pretoria
Community Member

I cannot believe it! I've just been forced to watch "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner" and not only was it a brilliant movie but that awful thing, Katherine Hepburn was wonderful in it! I HATE THAT!!! What is happening to me, when a woman I could never stand suddenly becomes something better! It's not like that has ever happened with my opinions of anyone on here! Lordy, I better go and watch one of Hepburn's antiquated films from the 30's before I completely lose my sense of self all together!

Message 8 of 50
Latest reply

toowoomba*tart
Community Member

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner is not a brilliant movie - the technicolour is good but they shouldn't have made the Sidney Poitier character so noble. With no negative character traits it's obvious the white parents will accept him. They should have made the black character more generic - just an average guy, the way most white guys are, and see how the parents accepted him. I like Kate Hepburn but there was so much wax on the camera every time there was a close-up on her, I couldn't see her expressions. Spencer Tracy was very sick during the making of this movie - the producers weren't sure he would make it - he died 17 days after filming ended. I don't love the movie - but it is an important movie and it's nice to see a major actor go out with a bang. So many older famous stars like Elizabeth Taylor and Bette Davis produce a lot of rubbish once they have peaked.

Message 9 of 50
Latest reply

the*curse*of*pretoria
Community Member

I'm not sure you know what you're talking about, but then you are from Toowoomba ๐Ÿ˜‰ I can't stand Sidney Poitier - her reminds me of Morgan Freeman - someone on here mentioned that Freeman plays the same part every time, and I would level that accusation at Poitier too - both of them think their **** don't stink, they relish their good guy image, like Chris Judd and Ben Roberts-Smith.

Message 10 of 50
Latest reply