Transformers

My 22 yo grandson is coming to stay the weekend. I'm thinking of taking him on a date to the movies to see Transformers. From what I've seen of the ads I wouldn't mind seeing it myself.

Is it ok for adults, not too kiddie?

I like Mark Wahlberg Woman Very Happy Heart

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Transformers

My 9yr old grandson went to see transformers, and he loved it, but he is a child who loves these things.

I would ask your 22yr old, what sort of movies he likes.

Transformers is mainly for kids.

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

But in saying it is for kids............some adults are kids at heart, so he may like it.

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

Even Mark Wahlberg couldn't save that movie. Shockingly bad. Hubs and kids didn't mind it. The only thing showing at the moment that looks remotely interesting is Mrs Brown. Besides How to Train Your Dragon, but we took the kids to see that weeks ago.
Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

I'm still shocked.  I thought you were still on the good side of the fifties.  I'm about to cross the line there.

I do think you should ask him what he would like to see.  Most adults would prefer something a little bit more grown up.  What about Sex Tape with Cameron Diaz.  Maybe not a movie for him to see with his granny.

Jersey Boys would be good too.  I'd love to see that.

Joono
Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

Yeah. Nah.

Grannies probably shouldn't take their grandchildren on "dates". It sounds a bit awkies and wrong.

โ€œIโ€™ve got my purse and my gift and my gloves and my selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor and my monoamine oxidase inhibitor and I have my anti-anxiety disco biscuits and I am ready to go. I am really ready!โ€ Sheila
Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

PH: "But in saying it is for kids............some adults are kids at heart, so he may like it." Exactly. And I might too. I like sci-fi and I like Mark Wahlberg and it's going to be fun going out with my handsome grandsome.
Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

"I'm still shocked. I thought you were still on the good side of the fifties." I am. In my mind. ๐Ÿ˜„ "I'm about to cross the line there. I do think you should ask him what he would like to see. Most adults would prefer something a little bit more grown up. What about Sex Tape with Cameron Diaz. " You must be joking. "Maybe not a movie for him to see with his granny. Jersey Boys would be good too. I'd love to see that." Nuh. Not for me thanks and not his kind of scene either. Are Ebay tweaking the boards again?
Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

"Yeah. Nah. Grannies probably shouldn't take their grandchildren on "dates". It sounds a bit awkies and wrong." The insinuation of that is sick.
Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:
PH: "But in saying it is for kids............some adults are kids at heart, so he may like it." Exactly. And I might too. I like sci-fi and I like Mark Wahlberg and it's going to be fun going out with my handsome grandsome.

Actually Icy, I wouldnt worry about that, its not just a kids and young at heart movie. Your Grandson is probably right in the demographic its aimed at. Its just not any good. LOL.

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

Don't sweat it Icy, I think it's great that your grandson still wants to spend time with you!
My 22 year old went with his grandad, uncle and two male cousin-in-laws. NOTHING wrong with being a close family!
Message 20 of 22
Latest reply