Truckies plead for drivers to slow down

Truckies plead for drivers to slow down following fatal head-on crash with motorbike

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-17/truck-drivers-release-pre-christmas-plea-to-road-users/118059...

the govt can only do so much, its up to us, the drivers to reduce the road toll by not making poor decisions.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I don't think the average driver has any idea how long the trucks need to pull up.

We found some very impatient drivers on the roads when we were towing horses.....80ks was not fast enough so they had to overtake on some very bad roads.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Maybe they need to heed their own advice. Some of the ones who hurtle through this town at night and the ones cross over dbl lines on the highway to pass me, are nothing more than cowboys

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Its a strange title for an article that refers to a rider on a motorbike and an elderly lady who failed to notice a truck coming towards her as she did not giveway at an intersection.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Not really.  Neither were the truckies' fault.

That's why they want drivers to slow down.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You must be refering to someones elses post as I never mentioned anything regarding who was at fault in either incident.

I just feel the title should be more along the lines of people making poor decisions as neither story refers to speeding drivers which is what I thought the article was to be about.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply