True Colours

etb321
Community Member

The Pandamic is showing up some problems in our society.

What I mean is last year an organization may have made say, a billion dollars. When the chips are down with a virus loose in the community, they turn around and sack, say 10,000 people, and plan to wait for the virus to run its course

I believe an organization should be part of, or at least contribute to, the well being of the community it exists in. 

Tom

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: True Colours

i so agree

some of the first speeches the PM made were aimed at business to NOT SACK WORKERS.

but as soon as they saw profits dropping the 'dont come monday itis' spread faster than the virus!

i understand telling staff they need not come to work, but kicking em out with nothing,

NOW THATS UNAUSTRALIAN!

or at least it used to be.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: True Colours

@etb321 wrote:

The Pandamic is showing up some problems in our society.

What I mean is last year an organization may have made say, a billion dollars. When the chips are down with a virus loose in the community, they turn around and sack, say 10,000 people, and plan to wait for the virus to run its course

I believe an organization should be part of, or at least contribute to, the well being of the community it exists in. 

Tom

For Australia it could be argued that the  US business trait of cavalier mass layoffs and hirings , while suited to the US commodity centric socio-economic machine needs to be contained , we in Australia strive to maintain stability of employment with layoffs being last resort 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply