Turnbull, Rudd warn against Murdoch media - Hey they agree!

You know there's a few things that I could find wrong with Rudd and about three  times more with Turnbull. I never have had much time for anything connected to the Liberal Party and after Howard I had even less. Then some  years ago, along came Turnbull who seemed to be a decent guy or so I thought. Some things he said impressed me. And he didn't exude the sliminess that some other (names I won't mention) Liberals did. When I saw him taking advantage of a few things for his own benefit, one of them being Rudd's demise, I lost that respect.

Rudd, I thought, and still do had some decency. Well, you have to sacrifice some of it to be in politics anyway. I backed him but later I became disappointed with him. I noticed the ego in him too which added to the disappointment.  Seeing Malcolm Fraser come out and speak his piece in his last years as well as Whitlam regarding the carry on in Australian politics, I thought that this is a bar that will never be reached again. Nobody will ever come close to what these two men had.

Well now, having seen both Turnbull and Rudd speaking out on the control that is on or access to info via the media and them both in agreement on an issue that has threatened our ability to understand what's going on in the world, I say "Well done boys!:"

If they shed some of those traits that are developed in being a politician, maybe one day they could be respected for speaking out against what stinks just like Fraser and Whitlam.

Turnbull, Rudd warn against Murdoch media

By  Marty Silk

Two former prime ministers say Australia is on the US path to division unless it checks hyper-partisanship in the media, citing Rupert Murdoch's operations.

Malcolm Turnbull says he's not a fan of royal commissions but he backs Kevin Rudd's petition for an inquiry into Mr Murdoch's media empire.

More than half a million people have signed Mr Rudd's appeal for a royal commission, which will be tabled in parliament this week.

Mr Turnbull, a former Liberal prime minister, said the Murdoch media used to be a group of traditional right-leaning outlets but has now become "a vehicle of propaganda."

More to read below

https://www.perthnow.com.au/business/media/turnbull-rudd-warn-against-murdoch-media-ng-s-2037302

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

The problem is that when someone has a such a position of power in media they have a stranglehold over the info and they are in the position to influence how people think by deciding that they should have access to. The documentary Outfoxed exposed so much about what really goes on with the programming.

OUTFOXED: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism - Trailer
Feb 6, 2008

42 subscribers

Trailer for the incredible and highly educational documentary about Fox News from producer/director, Robert Greenwald. http://www.outfoxed.org

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXq61yoHrzk

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Outfoxed Effect • Ten Years Later • BRAVE NEW FILMS
Jul 10, 201

118K subscribers

This year marks the 10th Anniversary of the release of "Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism." Take a look back in time with us and see how things have not really change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2i_HH54BPk

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

#BraveNewFilms

Outfoxed • Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism • Fox News • BRAVE NEW FILMS • FULL DOCUMENTARY
Dec 22, 2014

118K subscribers

Outfoxed shows how Fox News is used to promote and advocate right-wing views.

And we don't get to hear about stuff that could be of benefit.

A Pioneering Nurse and Her Secret 'Remedy' for Cancer

WHY YOU SHOULD CARE

Because who wouldn’t want a cure for cancer?

By Tracy Moran

May 12, 2017

The Canadian nurse was about to discover a secret that would change her life, and the lives of her patients, forever. In 1922, while tending to an 80-year-old woman, Rene Caisse noticed scarring on one of the woman’s breasts. When asked about it, Caisse’s patient explained that she’d been diagnosed with breast cancer some 30 years before. 

Rene caisse

Rene Caisse

Source Essiac Info

https://www.ozy.com/true-and-stories/a-pioneering-nurse-and-her-secret-remedy-for-cancer/75697/

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 

Rene Caisse Essiac Cancer Cure 1 fo 4
May 30, 2009

27 subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMsm2AV3Vag

The above is an example and if there's some stretching of the effectiveness of her treatment people should still get to hear about it. I don't believe that it was the magic solution and worked for everyone. But for some it appears to have done so.

Thinking more on the above it raises the question about media sponsorship and what really goes on.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

You know there's a few things that I could find wrong with Rudd and about three  times more with Turnbull. I never have had much time for anything connected to the Liberal Party and after Howard I had even less. Then some  years ago, along came Turnbull who seemed to be a decent guy or so I thought. Some things he said impressed me. And he didn't exude the sliminess that some other (names I won't mention) Liberals did. When I saw him taking advantage of a few things for his own benefit, one of them being Rudd's demise, I lost that respect.

Rudd, I thought, and still do had some decency. Well, you have to sacrifice some of it to be in politics anyway. I backed him but later I became disappointed with him. I noticed the ego in him too which added to the disappointment.  Seeing Malcolm Fraser come out and speak his piece in his last years as well as Whitlam regarding the carry on in Australian politics, I thought that this is a bar that will never be reached again. Nobody will ever come close to what these two men had.

Well now, having seen both Turnbull and Rudd speaking out on the control that is on or access to info via the media and them both in agreement on an issue that has threatened our ability to understand what's going on in the world, I say "Well done boys!:"

If they shed some of those traits that are developed in being a politician, maybe one day they could be respected for speaking out against what stinks just like Fraser and Whitlam

The problem for all party leaders and prime ministers, regardless of which guernsey they wear is they are beholden to the factions within their party. The factions control the preselections, agenda and ministerial positions. The leader needs to tread carefully through the factional agenda to rise to power. Its not perfect but its how our clumsy democracy works and certainly better than no democracy at all.

Once Prime Ministers are beheaded either by the voters or their own party they can say what they really think and its often quite different to the views they expressed while in office. While we all knew Malcolm Turnbull was a lefty, Mark Latham is probably the most extreme example. A Union bully and left wing politician while leading the Labor Party who really holds quite extreme right wing views.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Yep, I agree there. The shackles are off and they can become human again.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I agree with Rudd and Turnbull and I was one of the over 5 million Australians who signed Rudd's petition

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I hope Rudd and Turnbull take it all the way. The people's right to access info is something that needs to be given priority. Murdoch has done so much to deny the people of Australia and other places this right. It amazes me that he is held up in such esteem. Then again his own media helps that along quite well.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Getting ripped of by your retail Super fund? You wouldn't learn about it if you relied on Murdoch to report it.

https://youtu.be/aYfYpvRYCnc

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Regardless of Turnbull's views on climate change and if he's right or wrong, the fact that a news org can have this kind of clout shows that it is truly an enforcement arm of someone's agenda. Working closely with certain lobbyists in US politics, it has been very successful with its part in enabling the worst of US foreign policy.

More people should be shaking their heads in disbelief

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

It seems this is the future of journalism. There are some good sites in the U.K, publicly sponsored by people who want more than the blatant lies and BS peddled to them by the likes of Murdoch etc. Here's a little something on political corruption in the U.K. The same sort of thing that's taking place here.

https://youtu.be/LxVbuVugTCc

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply