Twinnies On TV last Night

Did anyone watch it on Inside Story?

https://www.9now.com.au/inside-story/2016/episode-2

"A fascinating insight into the lives of Australia's most identical twins."

What a delightful pair! I was absolutely riveted.

From the Sydney Morning Herald October 2105 in an interview by Paul Robson :

Before we meet, I phone identical twins Paula and Bridgette Powers at the Twinnies Pelican and Seabird Rescue refuge on Queensland's Sunshine Coast. The woman who answers doesn't offer a name, so I ask if I'm speaking to Paula or Bridgette. "Yes," says the woman, waiting for me to continue.

It's only when we get together that the aptness of that response sinks in. Because although the twins – or "twinnies" as they prefer – are clearly two people, they give the eerie impression of being completely interchangeable.

"We never found out who was born first until we were 21," they say in perfect unison, "because Mum kept it a secret. But actually it was Bridgette, by seven minutes." (Bridgette, they explain across the table, is the one on my right. But when I leave the room briefly, they swap places. "Ha, ha," they say hours later, "you didn't even notice!")

At 42, the sisters are small and pretty with tousled blonde hair, radiant smiles and, they insist, "not even one" distinguishing feature. Both vegetarians, they've spent almost every moment of their lives together. They dress the same, still sleep in twin beds in the same room, and have "never, ever" had boyfriends.

"We give all our love to the birds," they chorus, leading the way to the intensive care room of the refuge they operate from their parent's rented property at Landsborough, an hour north of Brisbane. We're met by an outbreak of squawks, croaks, quacks and honks from dozens of caged seabirds, either rescued by the twins, or delivered to their care by local residents.

There's a clutch of fluffy cygnets; a white-faced heron injured in a storm; a lone, irritated-looking racing pigeon that lost its way; a curlew poised on one leg; a sleek little shearwater; and four unhatched plover eggs that must be turned every two hours. In a particularly pungent corner are the haughty pelicans, including one that had a fish lure embedded deep in a leg joint when the twins plunged into the Noosa River to rescue it four days earlier.

Entire Article Here

Is anyone here a Twinnie?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I'm a twin, but we are not identical and are as different from each other as two sisters could be. 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

No - but I think I have one.

evil twin.jpg

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

haha had to laugh when they'd undergone a study to find out just how identical they were.

Doc comes back and says results are in, you're identical twins. One of them says "wow", then laughs.

Turns out they're 99% identical.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Yeah I'm a Gemini, so I have a good twin and an evil twin, Helen, Woman Very Happy

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Think i had an identical twin...........Russell Coight......................

Richo.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Separated at birth, Richo.

I have twin grandaughters.     One is always referred to as 'the evil one'

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Separated at birth, Richo.

I have twin grandaughters.     One is always referred to as 'the evil one'

Omg what a handful!

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Not any more Icy.   They're 24 yo now

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@serendipityricho wrote:

Think i had an identical twin...........Russell Coight......................

Good ol' Russel Coight...

Woman Very Happy

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply