UK NOW - Grenfell Tower fire

Grenfell Tower fire: Fears for residents as giant blaze engulfs 27-storey London apartment block

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-14/london-major-fire-engulfs-24-storey-apartment-building/8617158

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Residents warned there would be a fire, more than a year ago.

It's starting to sound like the landlords weren't doing maintenance - ignoring requests.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/london-fire-action-group-warned-of-risk-at-grenfell-tower-more-t...

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

@davidc4430 wrote:

i remember going to the pictures to see "towering inferno" and ever since when i see new very tall buildings my first thought is how do you get out if theres a fire on the lower levels.

this was an apartment building, whatever fire prevention it had seems to have been pretty useless.

David, there is no fire ' prevention '.

The best that can be done - given - you are awake - is a way out.

Rubbish, no fire prevention, thats just rediculous.

Grenfell Towers was built in 1974. It contained 120 homes and housed more than 200 people.

your trying to say this building had no fire prevention of any kind. i find that a really unbelievable statement.

no fire alarms, no smoke alarms, no sprinkler system, no fire escapes? no fire extinguishers?

there wouldnt be an apartment building of this kind anywhere in the western world without fire prevention items installed. you couldnt get insurance on a building without it.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

@domino-710 wrote:

@davidc4430 wrote:

i remember going to the pictures to see "towering inferno" and ever since when i see new very tall buildings my first thought is how do you get out if theres a fire on the lower levels.

this was an apartment building, whatever fire prevention it had seems to have been pretty useless.

David, there is no fire ' prevention '.

The best that can be done - given - you are awake - is a way out.

Rubbish, no fire prevention, thats just rediculous.

Grenfell Towers was built in 1974. It contained 120 homes and housed more than 200 people.

your trying to say this building had no fire prevention of any kind. i find that a really unbelievable statement.

no fire alarms, no smoke alarms, no sprinkler system, no fire escapes? no fire extinguishers?

there wouldnt be an apartment building of this kind anywhere in the western world without fire prevention items installed. you couldnt get insurance on a building without it.

With all due respect.

I said there is no fire prevention - simply because - fires happen.

You are arguing - again - & - yet - again - after the fact.

The fires happen - dah - then the alarms, sprinklers, escapes, extinguishers - come into play -  etc etc etc.

Stick to the logical.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

with all due respect? you havent shown me any respect since you first got your nickers in a twist because you dont like reading my posts but you keep reading them and making stupid comments.

oh heres mr newscorp....again.

like we dont get the news?

well if you know everything before i post it then you dont need to read it or comment on it.

please, feel free to stop reading anything i post if it bothers you so much.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Done.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

External cladding that burns like a Roman Candle of Guy Fawkes' night...

No alarm, no fire suppression system, no extinguishers...

The fire started on the third floor...

The lift doesn't go to the ground...

There's a pile of builder's waste blocking an access way...

What do I believe?

I did the simple sums.

So many units, so many families (and a guess at the size of the average family)...

If 'randomly selected value' number of people escaped, that leaves...

That's a number I can't believe.

That's a number I don't want to believe....

Tragedy.

It's like saying One, when you mean One hundred.

The word doesn't begin to encompass it.

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for those who didn't make it.

I'm sorry for those who did.

And I'm sorry for those of us left to wade to the mire of conjecture and internet waffle, as we try to make any kind of sense of this.

The Moon will rise, here, soon.

I will ask her to watch over you all.

🙂

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Image result for candle rip image

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

candle1.gif

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Awful.   1am, everyone must've been in bed.

They're not saying terrorism, yet, but maybe a gas leak?  For it to go up so quickly?

Exactly. There must be more to it than meets the eye for the whole building, all or most of he units, to go up in such an inferno.

I'm sure further investigations will have a sad story to tell. If the truth is revealed, that is.

I don't think it's terrorism.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply