Unbelievable.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3045494/Mother-locks-young-daughters-inside-alarmed-bedroom-...

The title says it all.

In my work I thought I had seen everything. Nope. Speechless.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Unbelievable.

@donnashuggy wrote:

It is unbelievable because of the source most likely.

The original article states which council body approved it. It looks, unfortunately, genuine.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-locks-young-girls-bedroom-5546343

The grandmother approached the Mirror (granted, not a top quality publication, but it names the relevant authorities involved in the decision).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

Unbelievable.

@donnashuggy wrote:

whats wrong with the source?

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

Unbelievable.

@*julia*2010 wrote:

@donnashuggy wrote:

Just about everything they write.

Photobucket
Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

Unbelievable.

Plain mundane truth is mostly too boring, would not sell the papers, so everything gets spiced up, some little bit, some such a way it has hardly anything to do with the original story.  And people just lap it up. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

Unbelievable.

@donnashuggy wrote:

@*julia*2010 wrote:

@donnashuggy wrote:

Just about everything they write.

hmm i thought you'd be ok with the

mirror...

Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

Unbelievable.

Well that's put my mind at rest. It's lies. Good.

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

Unbelievable.

@***super_nova*** wrote:

Plain mundane truth is mostly too boring, would not sell the papers, so everything gets spiced up, some little bit, some such a way it has hardly anything to do with the original story.  And people just lap it up. 

so what the grandmother said is not

true?

Details of the decision emerged after the children’s worried grandmother contacted the Sunday Mirror over her fears for their safety. She said: “The alarm and the other so-called precautions to stop my granddaughters being abused are a load of rubbish.

“Since learning my daughter’s new husband was a paedophile I’ve tried to express my concerns to social ­services.

“I’m appalled this man was allowed to move into the family home with my granddaughters. Other family members also feel their concerns are being ignored.

“It feels like my granddaughters are isolated and at risk. Social services don’t seem to want to listen to me.

“It’s heartbreaking, but I have to keep fighting this for the sake of the girls.”

Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

Unbelievable.

Does this family have a name?

Photobucket
Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

Unbelievable.

its in the article

The identity of the paedophile, his wife and the children, who live in Devon, are all known to the Sunday Mirror but cannot be revealed for legal reasons.

The children’s mother got together with the child abuser, a man in his 40s, less than five years ago.

She had split from the girls’ father who moved out and at first saw his children at weekends. But he then relocated with a new partner and does not now have regular access.

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

Unbelievable.

The name was witheld for legal reasons, the original article says.

what gives this a little more credence than the usual type of sob story/agenda is the detailed sequence of events, and the naming of the authorities involved. But as the sources have been discredited by posters here (who may know more about the British press than I do) I will think it is untrue for peace of mind, as it really is one of the most horrible social services decisions I have ever heard about.

I really, really hope it isn't true.

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply