WHAT CHANGES WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE ON EBAY DISCUSSION BOARDS - Ina Steiner

EcommerceBytes Blog - Ina Steiner

"eBay is revamping its community area including the discussion boards. The change comes as eBay transitions away from using LiveWorld to moderate its boards. As we report in Monday's news story, eBay was not ready to provide more details when we broke the story last month. Who will moderate the boards - will it be brought in-house, or will eBay outsource it to another company? We'll have to wait to find out.

But we do know eBay is revamping the boards. Certain features will remain the same, but the design will change."

One change that is puzzling is how eBay will designate an employee's post. In the past, moderators' posts were always shown with a pink box - with the new design, posts from eBay employees will be identified by a blue box surrounding the post. Users had always referred to eBay forum moderators as "pinks" - so changing the color seems an odd decision.

Users have already expressed concern over what the change in moderation will mean for the user experience, so hearing that eBay will revamp the community area will likely cause more concern. On a positive note, eBay will move all previous posts to the updated forums.

What do you think of these changes, described here:

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y13/m06/i10/s02

and what would you change on the eBay discussion boards if you could, and why?

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/comments/2013/6/1370828741.html/1/0#comments

(Warning comment at your own risk, they who must be obeyed or else, are still watching but not for long hopefully)

Message 1 of 631
Latest reply
630 REPLIES 630

Hello Cue. 🙂

I liked it when the boards had a resident moderator, Shane. Who read the threads and knew what was going on, Didn't send automated responses that made no sense. the U.K board has a moderator, not sure about the U.S.  I'like to see that  here too if the boards are staying

Message 2 of 631
Latest reply

any change will be disliked but come three months we would have forgotten the past and be living in the present... 

I don't really care... this place is like a crack den... you want to leave to find a better place to play but you are addicted to the antics... 

one day I will stop posting and I will be one of the ones that comes back and says "OMG... how things have changed......... "

Message 3 of 631
Latest reply

Hi deb....isn't it amazing that the UK boards have had that moderator since before we all migrated there for a while in 2008, and he knows most of the posters enough to admonish them and even joke around in person...just like Shane used to do... ...I miss him too.

The UK forums never had (that other mob) imposed on them. Lucky baaaaaa....     oh that's right can't say that here...... no comedy allowed on this forum anymore..

I'd have to quote Monty Python on the UK site to have any hope of avoiding the comedy prefects on this one.......oh yes, this forum is just so much fun compared to when it actually WAS..lol

I'd like to see CULTURALLY SPECIFIC moderators engaged e.g. Australian, or at least Canadian or English because they DO have a sense of humour like us.  Hell even a Kiwi would do....lol

btw, hi cat.

Message 4 of 631
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

Have they still got that Richard person there Cue?  He was funny.

Joono
Message 5 of 631
Latest reply

I do think a resident moderator is an absolute must. Other than that I'm a bit 'Ho, hum, here we go again'. Since I joined Ebay we've had two changes of  format and neither of them seems to be a vast improvement on the original one 

Message 6 of 631
Latest reply

Only ebay members with 10+ feedback can post on the general boards (excluding the help boards).

Message 7 of 631
Latest reply

Only ebay members with 10+ feedback can post on the general boards (excluding the help boards).

yes  am, totally agree, that would make a big difference for the better here

Message 8 of 631
Latest reply

zero care factor back since ebay culled the boards and the threads.

..i think history matters, so, i would like to see them stop doing that

oh & i'd like to see the authors avis back next to their threads 

Signatures suck.
Message 9 of 631
Latest reply

Shane was nice but he didn't get it, Jackson had a really nice deep mans voice.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 631
Latest reply