WHO WOULD PREFER TO SEE ALL POLITICAL THREADS RELEGATED TO THEIR OWN THREAD IN 'CONNECT AND SHARE'?

mtnlane
Community Member

Political threads have their place in social media but I do not think 'Community Spirit' is the place.

The vitriol and nastiness some of these threads engender, leading to claims of interpersonal posts, removal of posts and frequent locking of threads all damage any Community Spirit which previously existed.

Freedom of speech is to be applauded but the current rash of political threads is 'infecting' the spirit of the Community Spirit board.

Does anyone agree with me?

Would anyone else be prepared to communicate with the moderators requesting consideration of this suggestion?

I have.

Message 1 of 233
Latest reply
232 REPLIES 232

WHO WOULD PREFER TO SEE ALL POLITICAL THREADS RELEGATED TO THEIR OWN THREAD IN 'CONNECT AND SHARE'?

stick 'em all on the F&G board, i say

seems theyre all playin' games anyhow

Signatures suck.
Message 2 of 233
Latest reply

Me........

I am sick of them all on this board..

Message 3 of 233
Latest reply

I think it's become now way past due they did consider moving them to their own board as there is by way to far an overdose of the political threads here.

I have no issue with people wishing to discuss the topic as many are passionate about it but I agree Laney the current volume of them and the vitriol vented in them by both sides fo the political divide is bringing down this board.

I know before it has been suggested with no committment from the powers that be but perhaps this time it may happen.

Message 4 of 233
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I agree whole heartedly that they should have their own thread

Problem is they live and breathe politics and bring their opinions

into other 'normal' threads

Message 5 of 233
Latest reply

The vitriol and nastiness some of these threads engender, leading to claims of interpersonal posts, removal of posts and frequent locking of threads all damage any Community Spirit which previously existed.

I certainly agree with this comment. I am all in favour of vigorous debate, but trash talking, mud slinging, endless C&Ps and meanigless rhetoric add nothing useful or insightful to any thread. and it happens all too often on both sides of the debate.

Message 6 of 233
Latest reply

I don't mind having a couple here, but I don't see the point of having 10-20 posted every morning. I feel like people are trying to brainwash me. They do get a bit nasty IMO
Message 7 of 233
Latest reply

No, I am not in favour of it. If one does not want to see them, scroll by................ don't open them, don't post on them. (then you won't see the vitriol or nastiness.)

Message 8 of 233
Latest reply

we could all lurk on RTR and post bunny pics .  i'd prefer to see those complaining do something else beside complaining.

its not as if space is at a premium.

Message 9 of 233
Latest reply

no thanks Laney.I actually think that the threads are much much tamer than they were before the Coalition got into power

and to be honest having a seperate board leaves another posibility for posters to report anything they might consider as crossing into politics and many topics do as so many things involve politics.

I can't and won't share much on these boards anymore...politics I enjoy and is so very BIG and important at the moment.

Our whole way of life is at risk

Message 10 of 233
Latest reply