WORDLE - anyone else trying the daily online word game?

I recently stumbled across WORDLE online.  For the uninitiated, it is a daily word guessing game where you have to try to guess the word in 6 or less tries.

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

This, from Wikipedia, explains the game:

Every day, a five-letter word is chosen which players aim to guess within six tries. After every guess, each letter is marked as either green, yellow or gray: green indicates that letter is correct and in the correct position, yellow means it is in the answer but not in the right position, while gray indicates it is not in the answer at all. The game has a "hard mode" option, which requires players to include letters marked as green and yellow in subsequent guesses. The daily word is the same for everyone. The game also has a dark mode as well as a high-contrast theme for colourblind accessibility, which changes the color scheme from green and yellow to orange and blue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wordle

This abc news story has some tips for playing:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-26/why-wordle-has-become-a-new-online-obsession/100782794

I have found that most that most days I can get the daily word in 5 tries or less (mostly 5 though).  Interestingly, there is a spinoff of WORDLE called LEWDLE, where the words are lewd, or naughty, words.  I have better success with LEWDLE than I do with WORDLE . . . getting the word in just 2 or 3 attempts.  Not sure what that says about my private school education ๐Ÿคฃ

Message 1 of 4,905
Latest reply
4,904 REPLIES 4,904

Re: WORDLE - anyone else trying the daily online word game?

Wordle 239 4/6

โฌœโฌœ๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจโฌœ
โฌœ๐ŸŸจโฌœ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ
๐ŸŸฉโฌœ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ
๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ

4 as usual ๐Ÿ™ƒ

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 101 of 4,905
Latest reply

@*sons_and_daughters* wrote:

Wordle 238 4/6

โฌœ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸจโฌœโฌœ
โฌœ๐ŸŸฉโฌœ๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ
๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉโฌœ๐ŸŸจ
๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ

I struggled again today, but got there in the end. Looking back at my third line, it wasn't even a word!

Thatโ€™s odd because usually wordle  will not let you post invalid wordsโ€ฆ.. ๐Ÿค”

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 102 of 4,905
Latest reply

Wordle 239 3/6

โฌ›โฌ›โฌ›๐ŸŸจโฌ›
๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจโฌ›๐ŸŸฉ
๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ

Back to three.

This was a nice simple one. My second guess flowed naturally to the third guess.

Message 103 of 4,905
Latest reply

@janeababe wrote:

@*sons_and_daughters* wrote:

Wordle 238 4/6

โฌœ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸจโฌœโฌœ
โฌœ๐ŸŸฉโฌœ๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ
๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉโฌœ๐ŸŸจ
๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ

I struggled again today, but got there in the end. Looking back at my third line, it wasn't even a word!

Thatโ€™s odd because usually wordle  will not let you post invalid wordsโ€ฆ.. ๐Ÿค”

US spelling?

Message 104 of 4,905
Latest reply

US spelling came up in the news today, Apparently "honor" was a word in January,

My 3rd line word was "altar". Is it even  a word? No idea where it came from, but it wasn't meant to be "alter". It must be a word because it doesn't have a line under it in this post. Hmmmmm.......

Message 105 of 4,905
Latest reply

Sacrificial altar - blood and chanting.

Message 106 of 4,905
Latest reply

Altar.

The *bench* in a church where the priest prepares the holy communion.  (The body and blood of Christ) ๐Ÿ˜‰

EF8CFA3A-CE11-4764-84B8-CCB4D518E016.jpeg

Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 107 of 4,905
Latest reply

I had a good guess today ๐Ÿค˜

Wordle 239 3/6

โฌœ๐ŸŸฉโฌœโฌœโฌœ
โฌœ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸจโฌœโฌœ
๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ

Message 108 of 4,905
Latest reply

Wordle 240 3/6

โฌ›โฌ›โฌ›โฌ›โฌ›
๐ŸŸฉโฌ›๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจโฌ›
๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ

The second guess made most possible words IMpossible. It ruled out most letters for the second space because of where the third letter (yellow - right letter, wrong position) could NOT be put. I was stuck on that for a good couple of minutes.

Message 109 of 4,905
Latest reply

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO YOU ALL โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’‹โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’‹โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’‹โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’‹

Wordle 240 3/6

โฌœโฌœ๐ŸŸจโฌœโฌœ
๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจโฌœโฌœ๐ŸŸจ
๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ

I found todays word was hard. Took me ages to work it out. 

Butโ€ฆwoohooโ€ฆโ€ฆ. Got it in 3. I had weird yellow letters which helped, in a way ๐Ÿ˜‰

Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 110 of 4,905
Latest reply