Weather - Eastern States: Good luck everyone

95 REPLIES 95

Hope everyone is okay.....and stays that way through the week๐Ÿค”

Message 2 of 96
Latest reply

rainforecoast.giftitanic.gif

I can only echo the above... Please stay safe.

Message 3 of 96
Latest reply

Erghโ€ฆ.. more damn rain. Our 1 acre yard is already sooooooo wet, we literally have an inch of water sitting on top. I need to wear my gum boots to go up the back fence. Two weeks ago, water over the road meant I had to travel an extra 35kms out of my way, just to get to work. (And back) and when on night duty, driving that distance at night, when Iโ€™m already tired, is  stressful for me.  The water has now subsided, but left enormous pot holes everywhere.  One issue after another. 

Iโ€™m so bloody over it! 

Will have to build myself an ark if this keeps up ๐Ÿ›ณ

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 96
Latest reply

It has been a trying few months for a lot of people. I just hope it rains in different places and gives those previously affected a bit of a break.

Message 5 of 96
Latest reply

Someone just buried a pet (a dog I think) in the front yard of a house next to mine. It is like a tumulus - they basically covered it up with earth because the lawn was not deep enough.

I don't think it will look nice with the upcoming torrential rain. The rain could even completely uncover the dog. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

5 days of torrential rain, and what will happen after that is uncertain. If I could move to the sun, I would, but with climate change no place is really safe, so I don't even know if it is worth it. Time to switch on my SAD lamp from the UK.

Stay safe, everyone (blokes and sheilas).

Message 6 of 96
Latest reply

I hope it doesnโ€™t rain literal cats and dogs or even just unbury the poor dog.

I do like the image of a dainty lady pulling along the sun like a balloon on a stringโ€ฆ

Message 7 of 96
Latest reply

The scary part is, 3 years ago we would have killed for rain. Most of my state was in devastating drought, with farmers killing themselves because they couldn't see an end to it. Massive charity events to try and help them. Massive hay runs to try and feed their livestock. Food drives to try and feed the humans.

Now we have the complete opposite, where same farmers are doing it as tough because their crops are flooded and their animals are drowning. Why can't we just have something in the middle?

Be safe everyone, especially those in north west Victoria. I'm just so grateful my town in NSW doesn't have a river, so while we may get localised flooding, the town isn't going to go under like a lot of others will. 

Message 8 of 96
Latest reply