Well Well Well, one rule for some, different for others.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/kalynda-davis-home-22-year-old-allowed-to-leave-china-after-dr...

I wonder, is it different if your dad is a policeman?

Ms Bishop has done a good job here. I wonder why the parents of other drug traffickers, who said it wasn't their drugs, didn't get the same help?

Message 1 of 85
Latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Re: Well Well Well, one rule for some, different for others.

@paintsew007 wrote:

i stated same a few posts back actually:

....no mention of the intended 3 day trip to China.......very suss in imo.

I mean who goes to any country for an intended 3 day visit?

Obviously a bribe was paid for her release.

This is the unofficial accepted form of negotiation over there. Fact.

If there was a bribe it could have been negoitated by Ms Davis's family through the lawyer's they hired. Doesn't mean our Govt had anything to do with it.

Message 81 of 85
Latest reply

What goes on in High Commissons/Embassies (Aust) overseas is known to only a very few people. 

Message 82 of 85
Latest reply

And another.

A 51-year-old woman believed to be a mother-of-four was travelling from Shanghai to Melbourne when she was allegedly caught with 1.5 kilograms of methamphetamine, or 'ice', during a stop-over in Kuala Lumpur.

If she is convicted of smuggling she faces the death penalty in Malaysia.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/25762489/aussie-woman-arrested-over-drugs-in-malaysia/

Message 83 of 85
Latest reply

@paintsew007 wrote:

i stated same a few posts back actually:

....no mention of the intended 3 day trip to China.......very suss in imo.

I mean who goes to any country for an intended 3 day visit?

Obviously a bribe was paid for her release.

This is the unofficial accepted form of negotiation over there. Fact.

If there was a bribe it could have been negoitated by Ms Davis's family through the lawyer's they hired. Doesn't mean our Govt had anything to do with it.

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................

I don't believe I stated anywhere that this Govt was involved - did I? But weird how media reports stated that Julia Bishop 'handled' bringing back the young woman being 'held' in China......fact? Fiction? media lies? or just more politician/Govt BS??

....and I don't like to be included when using the inclusive word 'our' being used  in your sentence thanks all the same am3.....*eeewwww!! don't think of them as my/our Govt....I did not bluddy vote for them and I do not approve of them....*YURK!

Message 84 of 85
Latest reply

Paint

I have been on 3 and 5 day visits to the US and NZ. Not that strange.

Re Julia Bishop, her department would have been involved as the central one for clearing all action through, otherwise you could well have people running all over the place treading on each others toes.

Whether she was involved in negotiations personally, I wonder,
but kept abreast of everything going on and making the odd call,
yes.

Just from having read about embassies and what goes on, these tend to be complicated things, involving politics, the military, Public service, diplomats.

It will be interesting to see re the new case, looks like a case of caught red handed.
Message 85 of 85
Latest reply