Wentworth votes

Who is going to win?
Photobucket
Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: Wentworth votes

LOL  Scomo going on bashing ALP and saying that  Shorten is too divisive!!!!  Just like Trump; accusing everybody else of what he is doing 

Message 21 of 45
Latest reply

Good ol' Scomo. lol!

Message 22 of 45
Latest reply

Congratulations to Kerryn Phelps Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 45
Latest reply

(Ms Phelps) said her campaign had sought to engage local constituents about the issues of concern to them “not the issues about survival for a particular political party”, and her objective as a federal representative would be return decency and heart to politics.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/oct/20/wentworth-byelection-kerryn-phelps-forces-mor...

Well I hope she does just that. but the proof of this particular pudding is in the voting (how she votes on the issues and whether or not she in fact votes as if she were a proxy Liberal.

maybe this is the beginning of a Change. Let's hope so. It's about time.

Message 24 of 45
Latest reply

Unfortunately I didn’t get to vote but it appears I didn’t need to, very proud of my electorate tonight!
Photobucket
Message 25 of 45
Latest reply

Was watching the victory speach by Morrison and Frydenberg last night,

oh, wait a sec, they lost.Smiley LOL

When Morrison said, about Shorten.....you will never lead a country you want to divide.

I nearly fell of my chair laughing.

The libs themselves have caused a lot of divison, both within their own party and with voters.

If they hadn't, they would have retained the seat.

Message 26 of 45
Latest reply

marwi_3023
Community Member
Liberals, big on rhetoric small on logic
Message 27 of 45
Latest reply

@travlyn2012 wrote:

Was watching the victory speach by Morrison and Frydenberg last night,

oh, wait a sec, they lost.Smiley LOL

When Morrison said, about Shorten.....you will never lead a country you want to divide.

I nearly fell of my chair laughing.

The libs themselves have caused a lot of divison, both within their own party and with voters.

If they hadn't, they would have retained the seat.

i was just gobsmacked by the way ScoMo and Josh put the candidate and his family in the 'naughty' corner of the stage and just took over!

i really hope that man watches a replay of that exhibition from his 2 leaders and realises he is just a pawn.

a real leader would have asked the guy to make his speech of concession and THEN had his go!

oh but thats right, ScoMo had to run off to to Invictus games to cuddle up with the dignatarys.

so maybe he should have just let the guy control that speech making himself?

he seems a really ok guy, pity hes thrown his family to the liberal wolves.

Message 28 of 45
Latest reply

Agree with you David,

I thought is was disrespectful and utterly disgraceful how Morrison and Frydenberg took over the night.

Seems to be a Liberal trait.

It would have been less humiliating for Dave Sharma to have been pushed out the back door.

Message 29 of 45
Latest reply

@johcaschro wrote:

maybe this is the beginning of a Change. Let's hope so. It's about time.

I think I'll wait till after a General Election.  Labors Steve Martin vacated the safe Federal seat of Cunningham in 2002 and the Greens won the by-election and there was the same excitement regarding the emergence of the Greens as a power in politics. However, at the next General Election Labor easily won it back. A lot of results in by-election are protest votes and usually the following General Elections protesters assume they have made their opions clear and returning to their own origional preferences

Message 30 of 45
Latest reply