What do you REALLY think about people with Tattoos?

GO

Message 1 of 182
Latest reply
181 REPLIES 181

I know lots of people with tattoos, including family. Which ones are you asking about?

Message 2 of 182
Latest reply

GO

Message 3 of 182
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

GO

I think that some want to show off. "Hey look at me". I don't mind folks with them. I see young folks with tattoos on their face and neck etc. I think that some when they get older will regret it.

Message 4 of 182
Latest reply

I think a nice, discreet tattoo is ok. Like rose on a shoulder or a scroll on an ankle.

I hate the full sleeve of tattoos, or a full back or chest, leg. I think that's overdone and disfiguring.
Message 5 of 182
Latest reply

I think they are either hipster posers or involved in organised crime, very often attention seeking morons

it's only very rough people who get tattoos

They look foul and i look down on these people

in fact a bloke said to me 'i can't believe you have no tattoos - it's people like you who are the real rebels these days'

Message 6 of 182
Latest reply

@supermussolinibros wrote:

I think they are either hipster posers or involved in organised crime, very often attention seeking morons

it's only very rough people who get tattoos

They look foul and i look down on these people

in fact a bloke said to me 'i can't believe you have no tattoos - it's people like you who are the real rebels these days'

Food For Thought With Journey | Judgemental Much? - YouTube

Message 7 of 182
Latest reply

I think it is just interesting to watch how fashion trends evolve.

When I was young, tattoos were a bit out there and I'd say they were mainly a working class man's choice of decoration.

But that working class man would probably rather have been seen dead before he would have worn earrings.Smiley Very Happy

Tattoos were mainly a male thing in those days.

Now just about every young person & their dog thinks it is trendy and has hopped on that bandwagon. But if you're covered in tattoos, you'll need to have several earrings too to be totally on point.(if you're after some fashion tips).

Some of them look okay.

Me, I wouldn't be putting myself through unnecessary discomfort and I don't care what they claim, I am not convinced carrying ink under the skin is a good thing. There's also the consideration that for the heavily tattood, they may miss a mole or skin change that signals cancer.

But the thing with fashion is, it changes. Like hair styles and clothes, tatts or certain styles of tatts will eventually date and they won't be so easy to ditch.

Message 8 of 182
Latest reply

A high quality, well done tatoo can be OK, but unfortunately there is a lot more **bleep**py, also ran tatts than good ones. Most young people, including both of my kids have a tatoo somewhere. Its like a right of passage. I,m not a fan, as its going to be there permenantly and you cant change your mind later. The only thing is, when she is older, most other people will have tem too. I suspect the tatoo removal industry is going to be a good investment longer term. 

Message 9 of 182
Latest reply

I don't look at them as" people with tattoos", just as people, so I suppose I don't think about tattoos much at all. I've seen some beautiful artwork though, I appreciate that. 

Message 10 of 182
Latest reply