Is it changes to social media

Is eBay dying

?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

What happened?

I don't think I even knew about the boards 10 years ago, but eBay in general is very different to how it used to be. I agree with Amber's points, perhaps it's a bit more complicated now, the fun of buying and selling has somewhat disappeared over the years. I do think money is tighter now for most people.

the boards, maybe social media.. maybe too many people banned from posting now, not entirely sure

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

I guess people needed more help too

Photobucket
Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

The help boards?  I only look in there every now and then. I don't think they're as busy as they used to be either

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

@debra9275 wrote:

The help boards?  I only look in there every now and then. I don't think they're as busy as they used to be either

They're not as busy as they used to be by a long shot, especialy the Answer Centre.

The threads on the first page can be 6 months old and still showing and questions can be lucky to get one answer whereas they used to get 5 or 6 regularly.

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

@debra9275 wrote:

I don't think I even knew about the boards 10 years ago, but eBay in general is very different to how it used to be. I agree with Amber's points, perhaps it's a bit more complicated now, the fun of buying and selling has somewhat disappeared over the years. I do think money is tighter now for most people.

the boards, maybe social media.. maybe too many people banned from posting now, not entirely sure

I haven't been around that long, but from what I've been told, there is probably some merit to your last point. Once you're gone, there's no coming back.

The trading boards are pretty dead most of the time. That's where I tend to hang out. There's been a couple of (very annoying) members that kept things moving. They never contributed anything, apart from annoying the carp out of everyone, but at least there were always new posts to read, even if they did get the hair on the back of your neck standing up. One is gone for good, the other is heading that way. I'm sure someone else similar will come along, but who knows?

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

The help boards went quiet when ebay decided to move the Community button

from it's prominent position up the top to hiding it down the bottom.

It was visible to everyone at the top of the page.

Now you have to search for it.    That is,  if you even know about the help boards

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

That sounds about as quiet as this board  then lyndal

tippy toes.. That no right of appeal thing is a bit harsh imo... Gone is gone and that's that

true stawka, unless you're in the know, navigation around the site is much more difficult

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

I don't sell anymore, rarely buy on ebay either, so not much need to open ebay.

I guess I just lost interest.

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

The no right of appeal is definitely too harsh. Even criminals released from jail are given a second chance. Not everyone reoffends. Not here though. I know a few that have suffered that fate and any appeals are either denied, or mostly completely ignored. They can't even give the member the dignity to reply to their request, even if it's just to deny it.

I am glad we have good moderators, I've been on groups that are unmoderated and they just turn feral and it's just one shat fight after another. It can get really ugly. I think they should allow members to reapply after a certain time though.

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

What happened?

When I started buying and selling on eBay, I had a lot of fun. It was always small amounts, but the auctions attracted many buyers and no wading through a deluge of Asian and Chinese offers. Now things have changed so much that most people give up caring about eBay.

Also Australia Post has thrown a spanner in the small time sellers way. It's not worth listing something for under $10.- if the postage will be nearly $15.-, depending on size and wheighy of the item.

All big comglomorations are only interested in big profits for their CEOs and Shareholders. EBay forgets that it was the small Mum and Dads auctions that got eBay on it's feet and kept it running smoothly until greed stepped in.

I recently bought some Monkey Face Orchid seeds. The flowers look fantastic. Then I went on Google to learn more about this Orchid ------ wonder upon wonder, there are thousands of complaints about this scam from China.

People have complained to eBay years ago, but nothing has been done to ban the seller. They still flog their fake seeds for one dollar and people fall for it. EBay just collects their FVF because it adds up to millions in the end.

I still have a couple of nice things I would like to sell, but I am not sure I'll try eBay again.

Erica

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply