What is Success to you?

Do you consider yourself successful? If yes, what makes you a success? If not, what's missing?

Do you rate success based on physical, financial, spiritual or familial standards? If so, name something that will be sufficient to propel you to reach "success"

Do you judge your success by comparing yourself with others? Who do you consider more successful than you?

GO

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: What is Success to you?

@nicnacs_4u wrote:

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

@nicnacs_4u wrote:

Been happy

a bit cliche I knowSmiley Happy

Taking drugs and smoking marijuana makes some people happy. Is that success to you?

Your topic subject was "what is success to YOU" bob

so my answer been happy relates to me only.

taking drugs etc imo is not successful!!

geez you r a s...stirrer at times

If taking drugs or drinking alcohol made you feel "happy" . Is that success to YOU?

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

@nicnacs_4u wrote:

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

@nicnacs_4u wrote:

Been happy

Taking drugs and smoking marijuana makes some people happy. Is that success to you?

Your topic subject was "what is success to YOU" bob

so my answer been happy relates to me only.

taking drugs etc imo is not successful!!

geez you r a s...stirrer at times

If taking drugs or drinking alcohol made you feel "happy" . Is that success to YOU?

NO 

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

@nicnacs_4u wrote:

Been happy

What a strange comment. Should we assume you are speaking from your own experience?

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

@nicnacs_4u wrote:

Been happy

What a strange comment. Should we assume you are speaking from your own experience?

Hapiness is a brain state which can be reproduced by a number of means including drugs. 

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

@nicnacs_4u wrote:

Been happy

Are you really suggesting the poster was referring to drugs? There's a big difference between being clever and being rude.

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

@nicnacs_4u wrote:

Been happy

Hapiness is a brain state which can be reproduced by a number of means including drugs

No it isn't bob. Endorphins in the brain create moods, happiness etc. Drugs and alcohol only give the 'false effect of happiness' namely because your brain is no longer functioning correctly. Drugs and alcohol numb natural feeling they certainly don't reproduce it.

That's the first step to addiction, so having that opinion is not only stupid, but dangerous - and Yes I am speaking from experience.

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

It still seems odd to me that when someone sees the word HAPPY his mind should immediately fly to drugs. It does rather imply  personal experience.

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

It's a bit gruesome really.  Lots of things can make a person happy without needing drugs or alcohol.

I'm feeling pretty happy at the moment.  Aust Post have just delivered a parcel I've been waiting for, and my cleaner/carer will be here this afternoon to collect my mail from the letterbox, tidy things up and vacuum.

Very good reasons to be happy!

Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

It still seems odd to me that when someone sees the word HAPPY his mind should immediately fly to drugs. It does rather imply  personal experience.

It seems odd to me that bob asked about success and he has morphed that into happiness and drugs.

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

@not_for_sale2024 wrote:

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

@nicnacs_4u wrote:

Been happy

Are you really suggesting the poster was referring to drugs? There's a big difference between being clever and being rude.

I defeintely have the impression of late that rude IS success to the OP. Too bad.

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply