What would you do? Bikers vs SUV

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/30/us/new-york-bikers-road-rage-video/

The New York City Police Department said a man driving a Range Rover with his wife and 2-year-old daughter inside Sunday struck a motorcyclist on Manhattan's West Side Highway, breaking his leg.

The SUV driver pulled over, and the bikers surrounded his vehicle, hitting it and spiking the tires, police said. The driver pulled away, hitting three more bikers in the process, police said.

Should the driver in the SUV be charged?

What do you think of bikers?

What would you have done if you were the driver in the SUV?

Message 1 of 186
Latest reply
185 REPLIES 185

You can become a target without causing a problem, hawk. You are obviously lucky enough never to have been in a situation where someone very nasty has taken a dislike to your clothes/car/way you hold you glass or looked at their girlfriend.

I have missed my right hand turn because of large group of bikers in the right lane making it impossible to safely go over. A nuisance but such is life.
Message 21 of 186
Latest reply

in this case you are wrong.

there were several other videos by the same rider who posted this one showing the same group deliberately hassling drivers, riding on side walks, playing chicken, driving on the wrong side of the road... .

they THOUGHT they were a law unto themselves, riding on the coat tails of the reputation bikie gangs have.

This time however their target didn't react how they expected and they came unstuck.

Message 22 of 186
Latest reply

It really doesnt matter what any one thinks, if you dont want to become a target dont cause a problem. 

looks to me the rider of the bike that slowed down and wasnt watching what was behind him was at fault and caused the problem in the first place

then his mates assumed the suv was at fault

if i were the driver of the suv i wouldve tried to got the hell out of there too

Signatures suck.
Message 23 of 186
Latest reply

hey Hawk, do you think anyone with a 2yr old on board would go out of their way looking for trouble???

Message 24 of 186
Latest reply

having experienced road rage where I had my first born in the car while a man proceeded to punch my then partner at least 7 times through an opened window (partner was driving) I would not hesitate to run anyone over... and that was an off duty police officer that did that punching so you can't trust anyone. 

Nearly four years after that event a bloke got out of his car and walked towards mine with scissor at the traffic lights while I had my second newborn in the car and my first child.... I put my hand on the horn and yelled I would run him over if he took one step I would run him down.... he got back in his car. 

run them over and plead defence later, don't hesitate... if they are going to go for you then you are not safe and do not give them a second chance. 

Message 25 of 186
Latest reply

@**freethinker_bob** wrote:

hey Hawk, do you think anyone with a 2yr old on board would go out of their way looking for trouble???

Unfortunately many SUV drivers think might is always rite as do some car drivers

Message 26 of 186
Latest reply

Is an suv the same as a 4wd in Australia?

In that case charge him for the simple act of owning one! 😛 (spoken by a the owner of a Mazda Metro who is apparently invisible to 4wdrivers)
Message 27 of 186
Latest reply

@catmad*2013 wrote:

having experienced road rage where I had my first born in the car while a man proceeded to punch my then partner at least 7 times through an opened window (partner was driving) I would not hesitate to run anyone over... and that was an off duty police officer that did that punching so you can't trust anyone. 

Nearly four years after that event a bloke got out of his car and walked towards mine with scissor at the traffic lights while I had my second newborn in the car and my first child.... I put my hand on the horn and yelled I would run him over if he took one step I would run him down.... he got back in his car. 

run them over and plead defence later, don't hesitate... if they are going to go for you then you are not safe and do not give them a second chance. 

There are always nutters and crazies out there, the smart thing to do when you come across one is give them a wide berth and reflect on what caused them to focus on you to avoid a repeat.

Message 28 of 186
Latest reply

@*elizabeths-mum* wrote:
Is an suv the same as a 4wd in Australia?

In that case charge him for the simple act of owning one! 😛 (spoken by a the owner of a Mazda Metro who is apparently invisible to 4wdrivers)

yes a SUV is very similar in size and style to a 4 wheel drive just not made to go bush bashing

Message 29 of 186
Latest reply

@the_hawk* wrote:

@catmad*2013 wrote:

There are always nutters and crazies out there, the smart thing to do when you come across one is give them a wide berth and reflect on what caused them to focus on you to avoid a repeat.

The first one was a car behind us beeped as the guy in front had stopped in the middle of the road... he thought it was us and wanted to punish us... as it turned out it was his mate who was also an off duty cop.  long story but the guy was a nutcase and his mates were gutless for not coming forward. I should have grabbed both number plates. 

Second one I have no idea what set him off. More than likely drug use... we lived in Frankston for those few years.. we moved and never had trouble since. 

Message 30 of 186
Latest reply