When you're feeling sad

@jessicadazzler wrote:

"When you're feeling sad"

Signatures suck.
Message 11 of 31
Latest reply

When you're feeling sad

@iapetus_rocks wrote:

So, is Jessica advocating schadenfreude as a remedy for sadness?

If so, I find that sad.

And, I must add, it's not at all a sentiment consistent with someone who professes to be a Christian.

I do understand however that god-bothering believers in imaginary sky-fairies sometimes need the indulgence of compassion for their benighted condition.

Message 12 of 31
Latest reply

When you're feeling sad

People rent suits for funerals?
Message 13 of 31
Latest reply

When you're feeling sad

@ecar3483 wrote:

I'm feeling sad, now.

Two funerals in two days and I'm tired of putting on the grim smile, and saying "I'm sorry for your loss", standing around in a carpark with strangers, feeling uncomfortable in an ill fitting rented suit.

People I liked are gone.

Like drinking and breathing, there is a time for one and not the other, so I will feel sad, now, because I know, later, that the time for not feeling sad will come.

It's okay to feel sad, it's appropriate, it's normal, it's a response to a situation.

It happens.

It doesn't mean you're weak, it means you're human.

Couldn't have said it any better ๐Ÿ™‚ We both know you have a very unique way of looking at things and that's a breath of fresh air on these boards.

Message 14 of 31
Latest reply

When you're feeling sad

well lets see here. This topic is at the top of the page, that  means people are replying to it for the moment, meaning that it's now in this moment, the most popular topic here.

Hows that for sad? LOL, just kidding, the empty white box was a nice touch. I'll have to get me one of those.

Message 15 of 31
Latest reply

When you're feeling sad

I saw something similar hanging in an art gallery once, except that it had a small black dot in the centre of the white square. Sadness was replaced with confusion.Woman Very Happy

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 16 of 31
Latest reply

When you're feeling sad

photo AprilFools_zpsb8829eda.gif

*drums fingers*

Oh sod it !

Message 17 of 31
Latest reply

When you're feeling sad

@azureline** wrote:
People rent suits for funerals?

Woman LOL

Message 18 of 31
Latest reply

When you're feeling sad

@youcandoityoucandoityoucandoit wrote:

Do platitudes EVER work?

For when Im feeling sad...

smileybowie.gif

geez that'd make me feel like I had the hiccups.

Message 19 of 31
Latest reply

When you're feeling sad

@ecar3483 wrote:

I'm feeling sad, now.

Two funerals in two days and I'm tired of putting on the grim smile, and saying "I'm sorry for your loss", standing around in a carpark with strangers, feeling uncomfortable in an ill fitting rented suit.

People I liked are gone.

Like drinking and breathing, there is a time for one and not the other, so I will feel sad, now, because I know, later, that the time for not feeling sad will come.

It's okay to feel sad, it's appropriate, it's normal, it's a response to a situation.

It happens.

It doesn't mean you're weak, it means you're human.

The good thing about feeling sad at funerals is the underlying feeling of happiness that you're there to farewell the sadly departed.

Message 20 of 31
Latest reply