Why are Atheists so militant, strident and intolerant of people with religious beliefs?

You just need to look at Pol Pot, Stalin and Mao ZeDong.

How do they know there's no God? It's just a belief system.

Message 1 of 75
Latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Why are Atheists so militant, strident and intolerant of people with religious beliefs?

Some other famous atheists include Katherine Hepburn, Sigmund Freud and Stephen Hawking. I hardly think they deserve the adjectives you have chosen. Perhaps your judgement of atheists only relates to those you have chosen to highlight?

So the answer to your question is you are wrong. If people are to be judged, it should be based on their conduct as individuals, not by a single belief that they hold.

Message 2 of 75
Latest reply

I understand Atheists to be anti-religious.

So someone whom may not believe in a god is not an atheist, only someone whom is against the belief of gods and religions.

Sometimes bob I think you over simplify complex points or perhaps you are simple minded, black and white ?

image host
Message 3 of 75
Latest reply

God  knows

Message 4 of 75
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

God  knows

Either her or the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Message 5 of 75
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

You just need to look at Pol Pot, Stalin and Mao ZeDong.

How do they know there's no God? It's just a belief system.

It's just stating the bleeding obvious, but throughout history militant religionists have wreaked infinitely more harm than atheists.

Message 6 of 75
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

I understand Atheists to be anti-religious.

So someone whom may not believe in a god is not an atheist, only someone whom is against the belief of gods and religions.

Sometimes bob I think you over simplify complex points or perhaps you are simple minded, black and white ?

Hi kopes,

Not all atheists are "anti-religious.

A good  friend is a pastor in a local church & I was more than happy to lend him my copy of the God Delusion (Richard Dawkins) when he asked for it.

I also volunteer at a Christian Camping Centre... they are aware of my stance & they accept me for the skills I am able to offer.

In turn I do not begrudge them their beliefs.

Message 7 of 75
Latest reply

I'm not.

The key point is 'belief'. No evidence. Therefore no argument. Or point to this thread. What a revelation.

Message 8 of 75
Latest reply

Me either dave, in fact I find some religious people to be be very intolerant of my choice to not believe!

Door knockers case in point

Message 9 of 75
Latest reply

How do I know there is no God? The same way I know there is no Easter Bunny or Tooth Fairy.

Message 10 of 75
Latest reply