Winning lotto..your thoughts

What would you do if you won lotto.?..im in the discussion mood today...I have spent many years selling tattslotto tickets to people...I have met some wonderful people who are truly deserving of the dream of a life time..I have met others who would not be any happier if they won..Most people just want to be mortgage free and be able to help thier loved ones..The poorer suburbs with the most battlers and simple living people make it a must have in thier weekly budgets..I  literally see  hopes crushed each week on peoples faces  and it some times makes me sad.I wish i could help those people but i cannot..Life is tough for many...

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Winning lotto..your thoughts

ok even though i dont buy if i did?

and won it was mega millions lol

i would buy a house for myself  a house for each of my 3 kids and a house for my parents

i would get a nose job.full lipo suction.full face lift.get rid of bat wings lol

get a breast reduction and lift with brazillians.and get some booty added and lifted lol

and get all brand new teeth

i would also start a charity to help kids and their families with autism,aspergers disorder especially.

and the rest would be invested for my kids future

ok thats my fantasy unfolded,now back to my reality which is pretty good(dishes need doing LOL)

tara

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

the usual...pay off any debts...quietly help out anyone I am close to if they need it...

donations to things I support.

keep my mouth shut about winning. That's where the dramas tend to start, when people expect things from you...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

Sometimes we buy one, if we won we would be out of here as quickly as possible. Of course we would help relatives, the animal welfare mob I give monthly to and lastly donate to the  World Federation of Trade Unions.

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

There is a couple in the UK that won £148m in 2012. They bought a £6m Georgian mansion. The wife bought 5  Audi cars (one for her rest for family) and left her husband for the car salesman.

Poor hubby. The mansion is being sold.  At least if they split the cash 1/2 each, they would still end up with plenty of $m.

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

what happens to people is not always for the better..I have heard alot of stories over time and i will share a really lovely one...A lady caught up with her best friend every now and then..Her friend had a lot of financial hardship as her husband had left her and young family for another woman..The lady tried to help her friend in any small way she could a little bit of cash..food ect...After one catch up day the friend turned excitedly to her struggling friend and said i have won the lotto and i am giving you half the money..The friend was absolutley overwelmed but had her worries that her friends husband wouldnt be happy and people would talk..The friend said there is no need to  worry at all as i heve told my husband we went halves in the purchase of the ticket.and thier will never be any doubt.....Now what a special friend to do that..Dont you agree

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

I'd see my family and friends well looked after.

I'm sceptical about charities...I would like to do random acts of kindness.

That would make me happy.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

I buy a tatts ticket once a week but you only need one game to win it so I spend $1.20 once a week.

I've won half my money back over the last three years so I'm pretty lucky! Just waiting for the one that will help me fulfil my dreams. It's coming this year.

I'd buy a house for myself and my kids. Surprise my family and best friend with a huge cheque. I'd travel, write, teach and hold more Buddhist meetings and donate my time and money to animal rescue and the Free Tibet campaign. I'd take art classes and have fun creating a beautiful home. I'd rescue orphan animals.

Oh and I'd resign from my day job. Cat Very Happy

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

I dont buy them. I am busy enough spending what I have got 🙂

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

@jenni200011 wrote:

What would you do if you won lotto.?..im in the discussion mood today...I have spent many years selling tattslotto tickets to people...I have met some wonderful people who are truly deserving of the dream of a life time..I have met others who would not be any happier if they won..Most people just want to be mortgage free and be able to help thier loved ones..The poorer suburbs with the most battlers and simple living people make it a must have in thier weekly budgets..I  literally see  hopes crushed each week on peoples faces  and it some times makes me sad.I wish i could help those people but i cannot..Life is tough for many...

Maybe I'd stop flogging gear on eBay.........

Marina.

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

I'd invest the lot of it and only use the passive income that was generated.

In an ideal world, there would be enough income generated from the capital that I could reinvest a good percentage of that to keep building and growing and that would ideally be enough money to get the OH through when he gets really old and wrinkly so he doesn't have to worry about himself and can do what he wants to do.

Then with whatever money I had, I'd keep doing what I'm doing now, I'd just be able to do it faster and better and with less juggling.

1) Make sure there is enough money for Big Crikey's care in case he never gets a job and can't provide for himself. If he never needs it then that can get split between them all at some time.

2) Make sure there is enough money for all the kids' education

3) Make sure there are enough assets etc or money being generated so that the OH doesn't have to worry when he's old and wrinkly. (In an ideal world this one is already taken care of above LOL)

3) Add money to the business if it's needed

4) Put money back into the community and the things that it supports.

5) Keep working through the Bucket List

6) and if there were loads of money after all that, the ultimate dream is to custom build/design/own and operate a 400 room hotel resort complex. It'd be really good to own the property, buildings and operating rights, but the operating rights would be enough.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 20 of 25
Latest reply