Woke up from the dead

seanni60
Community Member

Finally back here after long time. So many things have changed here๐Ÿ˜

Message 1 of 110
Latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

Woke up from the dead

and some are eBay employees . . . and we all know that eBay employees no longer post on the general boards.

Message 51 of 110
Latest reply

Woke up from the dead

Someone from Azerbaijan started this thread on 27/03 & then sea gulled... possibly they realised they were on the .au boards by mistake.

Then on 08/04 two members decided it needed a kick along... and now look where it's gone.

Message 52 of 110
Latest reply

Woke up from the dead

Have to love it Repent - discussion. LOLOLOLOL

Message 53 of 110
Latest reply

Woke up from the dead

@not_for_sale2024 wrote:

This one looks like it was really profound and interesting:

"* Should I change my name back to joz*garage?
by joz*garage โ€ข Community Member - on โ€Ž03-01-2013 07:28 PM"

Ahh, the good ol days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, looking back on the actual thread - Should I change my name back to joz*garage?  , then looking at the reply by member j*oono on another page, he did change it back. Of course the name used at the time will change when the ID changes.

BTW: The C&P of last page 1047 and 1046 (numbered as of today) were as I found the threads and in the same order.

Message 54 of 110
Latest reply

Woke up from the dead

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

4channel wrote: I believe chameleon54 was speaking in general.

Chameleonโ€™s โ€˜political rhetoricโ€™ to which I referred was indeed general (note the plurals โ€˜mobsโ€™, they, etc.)

"The whole lefty cancel culture thing is no different to the roaming mobs of the 16th century that dragged " witches " from their homes to be burnt at the stake or KKK mobs prowling the deep south of the U.S.A to commit atrocities on Negro populations.".

"That is the hypocrisy of lefty cancel culture. The roaming digital mob of misfits and morons dictates justice (cancelling careers etc ) with scant knowledge of possible periphery facts and little regard for proportional response and future redemption."

"Cancel Culture is just as dangerous and dumb as the 16th century mobs of fork wielding potato pickers roaming the streets ready to crucify their latest outrage victim."

His reply to me, on the other hand  is extremely personal โ€“ who do you imagine is the you he is addressing? It is also insulting and derogatory" How would you feel if someone accused  you of "allowing mob rule mentality and blind unquestioning support for a deeply flawed social movement to distract you from presenting thoughtful, reasoned debate,โ€

-------------------------------------------------------------

I've just coloured it and italicized where necessary to make it easier to follow. I hope I got it right.

At first I wasn't happy with his use of "lefty cancel culture", but thinking about it a while later, I came to understand where he was coming from. I still don't agree with all he said but it made sense given the current situation. I don't always agree with the guy as I think he maybe sees certain things differently due to his understanding of politics and maybe historical family political stances. I think he's more savvy than me on that. He is a switched on guy!  But that being the case with his opinion on of the "left",  he does have real core values that I believe we should all strive for.

Not unlike myself and some others, he does react on occasion to unfair treatment. If there's something coming from him that may seem like it's harsh, I'm sure it's because of what was put on him in the same thread. I'm not here to defend the guy. I just note that he won't allow himself to be a target, lie down whilst being kicked. I have seen some attacks on  him  in the past (I'm not thinking of you here) that have been personal, about his selling valuation and his occupation.  Is it possible the_great_she_elephant, that certain treatment of him is punishment for being outspoken?

BTW: There's still some of the lefty-ness in me from the old days but I have shifted somewhat as the cred that the left once had has been trampled on and replaced with something that doesn't make sense. I won't say when the change for me, but I will say that a when a certain male Labour PM. was unfairly treated, I began the big wake up.

So there are some real concerns about this message board. It would be interesting too to see what era OP seanni60 was from.

Message 55 of 110
Latest reply

Woke up from the dead

This is not a message board.

Message 56 of 110
Latest reply

Woke up from the dead

@4channel wrote:
So there are some real concerns about this message board. It would be interesting too to see what era OP seanni60 was from.

@4channel

how up to date are you on Azerbaijan politics?

Message 57 of 110
Latest reply

Woke up from the dead

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

4channel wrote: I believe chameleon54 was speaking in general.

Chameleonโ€™s โ€˜political rhetoricโ€™ to which I referred was indeed general (note the plurals โ€˜mobsโ€™, they, etc.)

"The whole lefty cancel culture thing is no different to the roaming mobs of the 16th century that dragged " witches " from their homes to be burnt at the stake or KKK mobs prowling the deep south of the U.S.A to commit atrocities on Negro populations.".

"That is the hypocrisy of lefty cancel culture. The roaming digital mob of misfits and morons dictates justice (cancelling careers etc ) with scant knowledge of possible periphery facts and little regard for proportional response and future redemption."

"Cancel Culture is just as dangerous and dumb as the 16th century mobs of fork wielding potato pickers roaming the streets ready to crucify their latest outrage victim."

His reply to me, on the other hand   is extremely personal โ€“ who do you imagine is the you he is addressing? It is also insulting and derogatory" How would you feel if someone accused  you of  "allowing mob rule mentality and blind unquestioning support for a deeply flawed social movement to distract you from presenting thoughtful, reasoned debate,โ€

@ she -el In past times, while I rarely agreed with you,  I respected your opinion as one of the more thoughtful posters who would debate the issues, rather than crawl into the gutter by engaging in snide remarks and personal attacks.

Unfortunately as the standards of this forum have slipped due to the continual derogatory interjections of a few it appears you have allowed your standards to slip to engage in the pile ons and personal attacks that a few here delight in.

And just to save you ( and the little group ) the trouble of typing it, I am also guilty of the same thing. When confronted with the continual bullying behaviour and pile ons that I and one or two others have had to endure,  I have been dragged into engaging in a form of combative personal debate that I am not always comfortable with. 

Those who value this forum as a place to discuss and debate issues in a respectful and intelligent way and hold higher standards than normally occur on social media , need to take a stance against the few who continually engage in the derogatory memes and hijacking threads with interpersonal disputes. No kudo's for their memes, ignoring or discouraging the constant derogatory interpersonal attacks and generally holding the community to a more mature, respectful standard. 

I,m willing to move on and give it a try if others with some standards of decency such as she -el  are willing to reciprocate. It will only work if the majority ignore the disrespectful memes and derogatory comments of the few who are currently dominating and ruining this forum for everyone else. If standards of all of us dont improve this forum will continue down the road to become an  abandoned ghost town inhabited by a few trolls disrespectful posters left behind to fight amongst themselves. ( As is already rapidly happening )

Message 58 of 110
Latest reply

Woke up from the dead

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Message 59 of 110
Latest reply

Woke up from the dead

Hello,everyone. To be respectful is very important in your interaction with other members here. I'd like to remind you that content that is harmful, hostile, threatening, abusive, baiting, vulgar, defamatory, harassing, or includes hate or racist speech, name calling, or profanity will be edited or removed.  Please read about our policy here: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/Updates-coming-to-eBay-com-au-Discussion-Boards/... Thanks very much. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 60 of 110
Latest reply