Woodworking help!

tartj-68
Community Member

Hi all!

I want to make a round wooden table for my school woodworking class. I need woodworking suggestions . What type of wood should I use that has good strength & texture? I am looking for something that can make my project stand out in class.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Woodworking help!

Where do you live and what timbers are available?  Jarrah most likely.  Are you the teacher?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Woodworking help!

when in doubt consult the youtube gods

IMPOSSIBLE Floating "Cave" Table Build - YouTube

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Woodworking help!

@tartj-68 wrote:

Hi all!

I want to make a round wooden table for my school woodworking class. I need woodworking suggestions. What type of wood should I use that has good strength & texture? I am looking for something that can make my project stand out in class.

I'm guessing this is a coffe table type style? 
A nice slab of redgum would do the trick. They have some amazing grains in them. Contact some one who sells firewood and see if they can get you a nice round piece. 
be mindful, it will be very heavy. 
My dad and his friend used to make outdoor furniture for years. They would always sell-out of stock at the markets. 
Best of luck with your project.  (I also agree with searching YouTube and Pinterest is good too) 😊

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Woodworking help!

malaina_28
Community Member

@tartj-68 wrote:

Hi all!

I want to make a round wooden table for my school woodworking class. I need woodworking suggestions for discord servers . What type of wood should I use that has good strength & texture? I am looking for something that can make my project stand out in class.

is this a coffee table?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply