Yesterday I sewed my finger onto an apron

and today when I took the bandaid off there was a pink thread poking out of my finger 

so I pulled it and now my finger is bleeding and hurting

:^O:^O

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Ouch!

Photobucket
Message 2 of 39
Latest reply

We had a saying in the rag trade...you were never a real sewer unless you had sewn your finger.

Sequins were a health hazard to the eyes 😞 Many times one of us would have a sequin fly up after sewing over one.

Message 3 of 39
Latest reply

Lol! Yes I have done that plenty of times. I did it last week when sewing a school uniform hem.

I suppose that's why they invented those annoying little things called thimbles...

Message 4 of 39
Latest reply

Lol! Yes I have done that plenty of times. I did it last week when sewing a school uniform hem.

I suppose that's why they invented those annoying little things called thimbles...

No, those were invented so you didn't hurt your finger when hand sewing.. 

OH thinks they're just replacements for Monopoly pieces

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 5 of 39
Latest reply

Well, that's just freaky! 😮

Message 6 of 39
Latest reply

😮 I have never sewn mine to anything.... I would have passed out.

Message 7 of 39
Latest reply

It was the wrong finger for a thimble.

I'm not sure how but I managed to sew the left ring finger to an apron that was for a wedding today.

To make it worse when I took my foot off the pedal the machine has an auto needle down function so it went in again..... I had to press a buttong to make it come out so it had 2 stitches through it in the end.... I just cut all the threads.... the needle didn't break..... I finished off the aprons with same needle    :^O

Message 8 of 39
Latest reply

😮

Message 9 of 39
Latest reply

Our boss had the pliers on his desk ready to pull broken needles out....when I think of this it it makes me shudder. No health and safety back then lol

Message 10 of 39
Latest reply