You’re wrong, critics tell Turnbull: Australia voted for NBN

news An analysis of Senate voting patterns put together by supporters of Labor’s all-fibre NBN policy has shown parties supporting the fibre to the premises model received more support in the Federal Election than the Coalition’s alternative, calling into question Malcolm Turnbull’s claim to have a mandate to change the NBN rollout to fibre to the node.

voted.jpg

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Think about the savings in health alone.

http://www.abc.net.au/technology/articles/2013/09/19/3852140.htm

In the toxic fact-free zone that represents the bulk of National Broadband Network discussion, most people would be shocked to know that the NBN is likely worth building for the healthcare benefits alone - especially for the old and infirm. And the NBN doesn't just offer a healthcare revolution, it's likely to save tax payers billions of dollars every year. Most important of all, however, is the notion that these new-generation 'Telehealthcare' applications are only viable using the current Fibre to the Home broadband policy and not the Coalition's alternative. Could it be that convalescing old ladies, who have never used a computer in their lives, are the pin-up girls for fibre-based broadband?

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

*ibis
Community Member

Labor’s all-fibre NBN policy has shown parties supporting the fibre to the premises model received more support in the Federal Election 

so how come the liberals are in power and Malcolm Turnbull is the Minister for Communications? 

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

An analysis of Senate voting patterns put together by supporters of Labor’s all-fibre NBN policy

And by the way I saw no question on the senate voting ticket asking what my internet preference was.

But I guess the propaganda machine has to grind on in the hopes to snare some gullible people. 🙂

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

I was going to ask about that, Poddster.

i'd love to see an analysis of how Australia voted based on a different policy.

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

**meep**
Community Member

"......What legitimacy does quink’s analysis have? It’s really quite impossible to know. Australians typically don’t vote for one party based on a single issue, even one as powerful as the NBN. Statistically, I’d say that experienced pollsters such as the ABC’s Antony Green would pour cold water all over this one. We just can’t simply posit that the NBN was as big an issue in the election as many people seem to think it was, merely because of these Senate voting figures. And I’m sure Turnbull would come back with this kind of line, should he be asked about the issue......"

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Meep didn you read the invisible ink on the ballot papers?

It was all there in invisible and white.

🙂

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

lol no I didnt mischief.gif

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

I'll have to tell you how to read the invisible ink and crack the codes 🙂

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Ibis has that skill as well 🙂

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

a few yrs ago i bought my daughter one of those invisible ink decoder thingos.....should still be here somewhere.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply