You’re wrong, critics tell Turnbull: Australia voted for NBN

news An analysis of Senate voting patterns put together by supporters of Labor’s all-fibre NBN policy has shown parties supporting the fibre to the premises model received more support in the Federal Election than the Coalition’s alternative, calling into question Malcolm Turnbull’s claim to have a mandate to change the NBN rollout to fibre to the node.

voted.jpg

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

It works here too

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

@poddster wrote:

It works here too

magic!!

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

🙂

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

Laugh all you like, it's not only Lib and Nat voters that want Turnbull to change his mind about the NBN.

I don't know where Renai got the idea the analysis is Quink's. His must have been the first story he saw about it.

http://www.abc.net.au/technology/articles/2013/09/19/3851924.htm

The potential internet speeds offered by FTTN are undisputed. However, in order to realise them, the copper network needs to be in good condition (in addition to homesbeing close to exchanges and having the right wiring). Deutsche Telekom, for instance, goes to great (and expensive) lengths to ensure its copper network is running optimally and has subsequently become a poster child for FTTN's potential. Meanwhile, countries like the UK only offer FTTN in areas where the network can support it (less than half of households) and promise minimum speeds of only 15Mb/s.

Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

Think about the savings in health alone.

http://www.abc.net.au/technology/articles/2013/09/19/3852140.htm

In the toxic fact-free zone that represents the bulk of National Broadband Network discussion, most people would be shocked to know that the NBN is likely worth building for the healthcare benefits alone - especially for the old and infirm. And the NBN doesn't just offer a healthcare revolution, it's likely to save tax payers billions of dollars every year. Most important of all, however, is the notion that these new-generation 'Telehealthcare' applications are only viable using the current Fibre to the Home broadband policy and not the Coalition's alternative. Could it be that convalescing old ladies, who have never used a computer in their lives, are the pin-up girls for fibre-based broadband?

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

Savings??? OMG

$1 billion e-health system rejected by doctors as 'shambolic'

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

Who was talking about e-health records?

Don't be so keen to jump in and attack without reading what the article you are ridiculing is about.

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

if the medical profession don't trust even the record keeping over the Internet do you honestly think that there would be trust when a persons life and health is concerned?

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

You really don't need to make excuses for jumping on without knowing what you're talking about.

All new systems have a few gliches before all the stake holders have the software to use it. Regardless the article you posted was not about e-health records.  Why not read what your attacking before launching childish attacks?

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

A few glitches ?????

OMG !!!!

Fifteen months after e-health was launched - 888,825 Australians have signed up for an e-health record but by last month doctors had loaded only 5427 health summaries on to the system.

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply