You really have to wonder about some parents.......

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It doesn't surprise me at all   .... Used to hear it all the time from my former neighbour's kids.  Neither of the parents could string 5 words together without using the F word at least twice 😞

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

He might have been listening to Australian Parliamentary proceedings.  A lot worse is spoken there.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Watch this amusing video of a young boy on a safari who tells a monkey to "f---k off" when the animal jumps on their car

I didn't find it amusing....... but it did say "unexpectedly" so perhaps it isn't something his parents taught him.

I don't think I have ever heard a small child use that word........ but it seems to be commonplace these days with teens and adults. Not in my family though, lol.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

A very small nephew of mine learned that word on his return to Australia after being at international schools overseas.   He was going through the alphabet with his father (as a part of English homework) choosing a word for each letter.

When they came to F, the boy said that word (which he had learned at school here), his father asked him what does that mean and the child said "it means go away".  The father said "I think we can find a better word than that", and they did.

No drama, it wasn't used in that family and it wasn't used again by the boy. 

I don't think the video was amusing either.  Just some bogan parents wanting to make some money by posting it.  Children see and hear everything.  It would be impossible for children not to hear such language nowadays, and how they deal with it depends on their parents or carers.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

It doesn't suprise me that a 2 year old can say it but I doubt if he understands what it means.

It's a non-eyebow raising term these days. And parents probably use it without realising he is picking it up.

He said it with no aggression. It was said in same tone as "go away". I am sure that is all he was saying to the monkey.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply