i think he's finished

Abbott  is dead in the water . i doubt he can recover from here.  i'm rather pleased  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 126
Latest reply
125 REPLIES 125

Re: i think he's finished

IT’S a total stinker and it’s been a long time since we’ve seen anything like it.

Tony Abbott and Joe Hockey have today copped a massive spanking from voters for their first Budget, with the government’s plans savaged in two opinion polls released today.

As you can see below, no recent Budget comes close to how unpopular it is.

newspoll

MAY 19, 2014

http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/australians-think-federal-budget-2014-is-the-worst-in-a-very-...

Message 121 of 126
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

@boris1gary wrote:

nerowulf, i think you will find that every poster on cs pays tax one way or another.

And even if they don't, someone in their household does..(which means they are not collecting Govt benefits)

nerowulf wrote: 

and some people on here actually have a job and pay taxes that then goes into welfare and handouts and allows others to to do what they do on here 

It's probably not a good idea to have a go at people you know nothing about, (not to mention that there is nothing wrong with welfare) especially if you want them to read and think about what you post. A new narrative might be in order as the old - spend to much, budget crisis, massive debt, it's all Labors fault one is pretty much done and dusted. It's rather obvious now that the majority of Australians no longer believe the  lies nor have they fallen for the "solution", the majority of us still want Australia to be a "fair go" country for all, not the mean and selfish one that the govt was hoping for.   Oh well.

Message 122 of 126
Latest reply

don't know if this has been posted anywhere else...

well, well, well

Clive Palmer's university switch: from deregulation to zero fees within days

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/clive-palmers-university-switch-from-deregulat...

Message 123 of 126
Latest reply

Woman LOLWoman LOL great headline

Joe Hockey admits co-payment is a new tax - or a rabbit

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/joe-hockey-admits-copayment-is-a-new-tax--or-a...

Message 124 of 126
Latest reply

If Hockey had not gained his position as Treasurer and said what he has said and decided what he has decided for the economic future for low income Australians....a prospect of losing about 15% in their yearly income.........I would not care what he referred to me as:

an 'ordinary' Australian.

Message 125 of 126
Latest reply

@paintsew007 wrote:

If Hockey had not gained his position as Treasurer and said what he has said and decided what he has decided for the economic future for low income Australians....a prospect of losing about 15% in their yearly income.........I would not care what he referred to me as:

an 'ordinary' Australian.

I wouldn't worry about it Paints, hockit wouldn't know an "ordinary Australian" if he fell over one(and that would be after he kicked one). Every time he opens his mouth he is just digging his hole a little deeper. This budget has shown him and his LNP cronies for exactly what they are - friends of big business and enemies of the working class. No amount of toadying and bs about the make believe budget/debt crisis will save them now.

Mr Shorten has successfully shown us what we were waiting for, an ALP willing and able to  stand up for the majority of Australians not a party that kowtows to the big end of town. 

Message 126 of 126
Latest reply