laughing every time Abbott mentions

Dual citizenship
Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I wonder if the PM retained his British citizenship when he became an Australian citizen at the age of 24 so he could apply for a funded Rhodes Scholarship, which was only available to the 'colonials'.

He has been constantly asked to declare if he surrended his British citizenship at the time.........with no response.  

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

That's what I've been wondering about too Freshie

Has he or hasn't he?
Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

@freshwater-2 wrote:

I wonder if the PM retained his British citizenship when he became an Australian citizen at the age of 24 so he could apply for a funded Rhodes Scholarship, which was only available to the 'colonials'.

He has been constantly asked to declare if he surrended his British citizenship at the time.........with no response.  

Well unless he acted in a treasonous manner against Australia as against those recruits for the ISIS cause, it hardly matters, does it?

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Google Prime Ministers of Australia and dual citizenship- it could be considered treasonous if he hasn't renounced his British citizenship. I would expect that he has, but just won't divulge when he did it as it could be damaging to him in some way

Short answer is, yes, it does matter
Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:
Google Prime Ministers of Australia and dual citizenship- it could be considered treasonous if he hasn't renounced his British citizenship. I would expect that he has, but just won't divulge when he did it as it could be damaging to him in some way

Short answer is, yes, it does matter

Well seeing Mr Shorten hasn't seized on it yet, it obviously isn't an issue.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

There's been lots written about it - but I don't think he's ever actually said

google it for yourself and see

it would be funny if he hasn't though

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

There's been lots written about it - but I don't think he's ever actually said

google it for yourself and see

it would be funny if he hasn't though

I'm sure the lefty press would've seized on it by now if it were an issue.

So funny.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

here's a good 'leftie' newspaper article for you

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2927631/Is-Tony-Abbott-BRITISH-citizen-Labor-MP-writes-lette...

apparently every time anyone puts in an FOI request they get 'documents not found"

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply