measles scare at Perth Waldorf School

Vaccination clinic offer ignored after measles scare at Perth Waldorf School

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-09/measles-scare-perth-waldorf-school-snub-vaccine-clinic/8789550

i suppose these parents who dont believe in vaxinations also dont wear seatbelts, dont use sunscreen, look directly at the sun, cross roads with their eyes closed...ect ect

because they know better.

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Measles scare in Perth: Third case diagnosed at Waldorf School in Bibra Lake

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-18/third-case-of-measles-at-perth-waldorf-school/8822014

Message 31 of 44
Latest reply

@coleco666 wrote:

I think in all fairness, it is a number of factors that have helped see the huge reduction in childhood diseases in Australia and around the world. Not only vaccination.

We now know that isolating, good hygiene and health standards contribute to having a healthy resistance to disease. 

We now know what a big part breast feeding plays in the first few months of a childs life. How the mothers immunity (life long  for herself if she has actually had measles or chicken pox etc) is passed to the newborn.

We also know that yes ,german measles vaccination for protecting an unborn child is necessary.

We now know in hindsight, that Thalidomide was not safe. Doctors did not know this at the time.

Do we know for example, with certainty, that the MMR vaccination is safe?

There are many parents who have had bad experiences with this vaccination who question it's safety.

We are lucky in Australia, that as a community we have worked hard to reach a point that we have minimised these childhood illnesses that I had when I was a child. I assume I passed on my lifelong immunity to my children, who had these illnesses, mumps, measles, chicken pox - but in a much milder form. This was before immunisation was offered in Australia for these illnesses. In my experience as a mother and as a child nurse over this time, I only saw one child with a complication from measles. I saw many children hospitalised for illnesses that were magnified because of lack of nursing care at home and a poor health status to begin with.

In Sweden, no measles at this time, no need to vaccinate at this time.

If we could have the same policy here in Australia and perhaps add to it :If you go overseas or you come to Australia you must have all your vaccinations covered. This would surely help keep our community immunity and health standards protected and save mothers from having to make tough decisions to vaccinate or not to vaccinate with all those vaccinations now part of the schedule.

I feel very sorry for all you mums out there having to make such tough decisions. I would really like to see more compassion and kindness from people on all forums who say some very harsh things. You made a decision for your child based on...... maybe another mother has made her decision based on. perhaps, ..... a baby who was severely jaundiced at birth, a baby who is not at daycare everyday and is at home, It really isn't your business to judge. You don't have all the information. 

That is the problem, we don't have all the information. We need to investigate, support and share our concerns, but with kindness and concern for all involved.

The information about Sweden is incorrect. They have a schedule like us.And it is pointless vaccinating after the fact. And it is my business to judge. If you, through your ignorance or selfishness do not vaccine and put the too young or those with a genuine medical reason that cant be vaccinated, in danger of their life, damn right I'll judge. After nearly losing a niece because of someones "choice" I will not stay quiet about those who deliberately endanger others. Yes you have a choice when its only to do with your children, but when you don't vaccinate you a making a decision that involves others (herd immunity). I strongly support the government removing payments if you don't vaccinate. You made the choice, wear the consequences of that decision. How many times they go to day care is irrealvent.

Message 32 of 44
Latest reply

Also chicken pox is not life long. Had it as child and I do not have immunity

Message 33 of 44
Latest reply

So if you have a small child who you are introducing solids to.

Do you carefully trial for example, eggs or milk?

Bread and peanuts.

Honey and say strawberries. 

Do they have all of these foods straight away or over a number of weeks while you carefully, as a carer, note any side effects before you move on to introducing a new food that could be a possible allergen?

Isn't the current vaccination schedule possibly overwhelming for a small child starting with a Hep b at birth! Then starts an overwhelming number of immunisations, before it is even known for sure whether or not they have an intolerance to whatever is in that vaccination.

So, yes, there are exceptions to those who do not develop lifelong immunity to wild measles, chicken pox etc. Always exceptions to everything isn't it true? So, we must include exceptions to those children who are not identified, until 'after the fact', that they were actually high risk to receiving immunisation. So how do you know when you put your child forward to protect the herd that they wont be 'the exception'. It is heartbreaking, both sides of the equation.

We do not have enough information. There are too many unknowns. 

Can't the government design an introduction to immunisation. Much the same as they test for allergies to dust, peanuts, pet fur. Something that gives the medical profession a clue before they bung a child full of toxic material and hope for the best. 

Message 34 of 44
Latest reply

"We do not have enough information".....how much information do you need to decide whether immunisation is beneficial.... some of these vaccinations are being given to a 4th generation of children.  That is millions of children being immunised.

I would say that is enough information for the average person to make a decision.

Message 35 of 44
Latest reply

Sorry what immunisations 4th generation are you talking about?
Message 36 of 44
Latest reply

What immunisations 4th generation are you referring to specifically?

What's in the hepB do you know?  Is it safe for newborns do you know? Do you know why it is given to newborns?

Do you know why some children are badly jaundiced immediately after vaccination?

Why do some children convulse immediately after immunisation? I have seen this while nursing.

Not enough information.

4th generation, sorry most of the ingredients in immunisations change over the years. They are not consistent.

What was available free on the schedule several years ago in WA, you now have to order from your pharmacist and pay, think it is $100 odd dollars. It has la better preservative and therefore more expensive to produce. 

Message 37 of 44
Latest reply

Melbourne doctors investigated for allegedly helping parents avoid vaccinating children

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-24/melbourne-doctors-investigated-over-anti-vaccination-allegatio...

Message 38 of 44
Latest reply

That doctor should be stopped from practising

Message 39 of 44
Latest reply

HOW MUCH INFORMATION DO YOU WANT. The vaccines have been tested and are safe. Certainly safer then the diseases that KILL CHILDREN. What I do know is that the anti vaxx community with their misinformation and propaganda neally killed my niece. Notice how these anti vax loonies always have some "alternative" they're trying to sell which is far more dangerous then the vaccine. The anti vaxxers are out to make a profit from people's ignorance. The old argument of "too much too soon" has been thoroughly dismissed.

In regards to introducing solids, maternity nurses now advise not to withhold   introducing certain foods as it has no bering on the the child's allergies. Maybe stay up to date on current peer reviewed information and stay off the mummy blogger and paranoia sites.

Just a question. Do you use antibiotics?

The is no too many unknowns. Unless your child is too young or medically can not be vaccinated then vaccinate your child. Parents who don't

't vaccinate their children are selfish and NEGLECTFUL. Your are putting your child and other children in danger. how hard is that to get.

@coleco666 wrote:

So if you have a small child who you are introducing solids to.

Do you carefully trial for example, eggs or milk?

Bread and peanuts.

Honey and say strawberries. 

Do they have all of these foods straight away or over a number of weeks while you carefully, as a carer, note any side effects before you move on to introducing a new food that could be a possible allergen?

Isn't the current vaccination schedule possibly overwhelming for a small child starting with a Hep b at birth! Then starts an overwhelming number of immunisations, before it is even known for sure whether or not they have an intolerance to whatever is in that vaccination.

So, yes, there are exceptions to those who do not develop lifelong immunity to wild measles, chicken pox etc. Always exceptions to everything isn't it true? So, we must include exceptions to those children who are not identified, until 'after the fact', that they were actually high risk to receiving immunisation. So how do you know when you put your child forward to protect the herd that they wont be 'the exception'. It is heartbreaking, both sides of the equation.

We do not have enough information. There are too many unknowns. 

Can't the government design an introduction to immunisation. Much the same as they test for allergies to dust, peanuts, pet fur. Something that gives the medical profession a clue before they bung a child full of toxic material and hope for the best. 

I

Message 40 of 44
Latest reply