neighbours yappy dogs - owner came over threatening me

Hi i have for over 5 yrs a selfish neighbour that got a puppy overgrown rat looking that yapped for hours.  She then got another dog.  After letters and husband going over it went abit better.   Paid for shutters to block the noise in the bedroom did nothing.  Even with parties she lets her mutts bark alllll night, if i went to a party i would not be impressed listening to her dogs yap all night.   I was talking with hubby saying ive had enough it sounds like a dog pound behind us. I was going to write another letter friendly to say we have been patient enough please please you are home all day when they yap at nothing please go out and keep them quiet, they are outside doggies she says.   WELL yesterday i get her coming over asking if i was Lisa, i said no why what is it about?  she was rude and said dont worry went to the neighbour next to me.   Well these neighbours next to us we have been friends for 25 yrs but...... they are growing weed smell it through our house most days we have put up with druggies coming and going from their house.   They feed all the feral cats and then cracked at me for catching these cats as i killed one of hers but she said they were microchipped (if i did rspca said none of the 13 ive brought in were so either lying or not hers).  She came back threatening me that im Lisa its my letter to keep her dam dogs quiet and my next door neighbour said it was my hand writing.  To be honest they are with the fairies their faces are all drawn im thinking they have smoked too much and not with it.   I kept saying i can show you my hand writing.  SHe threw the letter in my face saying dont go down that road i know people in the council and its a lie i work from home and they dont bark much and thats what dogs do they bark.  In 5 yrs i have NEVER seen her come out and quiet them never seen her walk them.  Kept calling me Lisa and threatening me.  I have NEVER been treated like this before.   Yes some days ive had enough and scream shut your dogs up so she must of thought i was the the one that wrote it.  she said shes gone to all the houses around and noone is Lisa and you are the problem they all say the barking doesnt bother them.  Im SO ANGRY how dare she accuse me and when i said well to be honest my husband was going to come and tell you to shut them up she just went off.     I told her if you threaten me like this i will flippen go to the council!!!  I will ring on MOnday and let them know.  I dont mind a dog barking a little and the neighbour says sorry i will try to keep them quiet.  But to her yapping ever 10  mins in the day is nothing and i am the problem!!

Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

A few doors up from had council complaints and he did not who it was. I suspected the person next to me as she would yell out some mornings and was only new to the area. They told me it was the woman on the other side that went to council as they would approach him first . Either way if aliens abducted my neighbours for intrusive cavity exploration I would be fine with that.

Message 71 of 74
Latest reply

Some years ago I answered a knock at my front door. It was a City Council woman who proceeded to tell me that several neighbors had complained about my barking dog. She spent about 5 minutes outlining my responsibilities and the consequences if I did not comply. I remained silent the whole time. When she finished talking she asked what my response was. I replied that I didn't own a dog. The look she got on her face was classic. Call me a sicko if you like, but I really did enjoy that little encounter.  

Message 72 of 74
Latest reply

images - 2021-06-01T174017.694.jpeg

Message 73 of 74
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Most such complaints to either council or police are treated anonymously - when being dealt with.

The fact the OP - has stated - ' for over 5 years ' - does beg a question. 

Yes, that is exactly what I thought should happen but apparently sometimes it gets breached.

Before the karaoke thing, there was another incident, this time with a neighbour just around the corner in what is a fairly quiet street (my daughter is in a court). Anyway this neighbour didn't like the way a couple of cars sped down that road so he put up his own traffic sign to tell them to slow down, kids at play. 

Didn't work so one night he went out and with his own cement supply, made a speed hump across the road.

It was a rather large speed hump, a bit ragged and sent a shock wave through you if you went along at night, not realising it was there. I gather quite a few people had that happen and weren't happy. Including my daughter.

She said nothing but she heard about it from neighbours. Apparently there were several complaints to council (and they sent out workers and removed it) but in the process, they did mention where one of the first complaints came from and the man was not happy with that person, not happy at all.

Message 74 of 74
Latest reply