neighbours yappy dogs - owner came over threatening me

Hi i have for over 5 yrs a selfish neighbour that got a puppy overgrown rat looking that yapped for hours.  She then got another dog.  After letters and husband going over it went abit better.   Paid for shutters to block the noise in the bedroom did nothing.  Even with parties she lets her mutts bark alllll night, if i went to a party i would not be impressed listening to her dogs yap all night.   I was talking with hubby saying ive had enough it sounds like a dog pound behind us. I was going to write another letter friendly to say we have been patient enough please please you are home all day when they yap at nothing please go out and keep them quiet, they are outside doggies she says.   WELL yesterday i get her coming over asking if i was Lisa, i said no why what is it about?  she was rude and said dont worry went to the neighbour next to me.   Well these neighbours next to us we have been friends for 25 yrs but...... they are growing weed smell it through our house most days we have put up with druggies coming and going from their house.   They feed all the feral cats and then cracked at me for catching these cats as i killed one of hers but she said they were microchipped (if i did rspca said none of the 13 ive brought in were so either lying or not hers).  She came back threatening me that im Lisa its my letter to keep her dam dogs quiet and my next door neighbour said it was my hand writing.  To be honest they are with the fairies their faces are all drawn im thinking they have smoked too much and not with it.   I kept saying i can show you my hand writing.  SHe threw the letter in my face saying dont go down that road i know people in the council and its a lie i work from home and they dont bark much and thats what dogs do they bark.  In 5 yrs i have NEVER seen her come out and quiet them never seen her walk them.  Kept calling me Lisa and threatening me.  I have NEVER been treated like this before.   Yes some days ive had enough and scream shut your dogs up so she must of thought i was the the one that wrote it.  she said shes gone to all the houses around and noone is Lisa and you are the problem they all say the barking doesnt bother them.  Im SO ANGRY how dare she accuse me and when i said well to be honest my husband was going to come and tell you to shut them up she just went off.     I told her if you threaten me like this i will flippen go to the council!!!  I will ring on MOnday and let them know.  I dont mind a dog barking a little and the neighbour says sorry i will try to keep them quiet.  But to her yapping ever 10  mins in the day is nothing and i am the problem!!

Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

I think I understand your problem, although I am a bit confused about the cats and druggies! However, with respect to the barking dogs, you do have options. In the first instance you should reasonably attempt to resolve it with your neighbor. If that fails you could;

Formally report the matter to your Council

Make a noise complaint to the police, or

Contact your local member of parliament to seek support and advice.

However, while these reports would be kept confidential, your neighbor might think it was you. If you open a can of worms then you need to be prepared to deal with the consequences!

Message 2 of 74
Latest reply

I always feel it is also best to avoid getting into an argument or trying to defend yourself if they accuse you of something. Just say sorry I don't have time at the moment and leave it at that and appear like you don't care what they have to say.

Message 3 of 74
Latest reply

i will report her behaviour to the council for sure.  She steps foot on my property as a **bleep** lady and ill call the cops on her.  All i want is for her to train her dogs to stop flippen bark but to her dogs bark and im the problem.  Gosh i feel for her husband she was nasty!!

Message 4 of 74
Latest reply

i didnt start any argument id rather be friendly.  Shes the one that came to my house threatening me not to go to the council she has friends there blah blah.  WEll talking down to me like that i will report this nut case

Message 5 of 74
Latest reply

i actually couldnt much of a word in, now i wish i told her to get off my property and **bleep** off with her letter from someone else.  But glad someone else complained but all the other neighbours all said they are fine (but we know alot of people are too nice even though it would **bleep** them off)

Message 6 of 74
Latest reply

Cant comment on your nutty neighbours, but I had a similar problem. My farm dogs would bark loudly whenever people walked past the house and it was annoying my neighbours. I purchased a good-life, dog silencer off of ebay for around $160 and it made a major difference. It emits an ultra sonic sound whenever the dog barks. They learn pretty quickly and it is only needed for a few weeks. 

My son has borrowed it recently for a new pup which was developing bad barking habits. Its worked on that dog too. Only thing is it needs to be within around 15 - 20 metres of the dog to be effective. Could you put one on your boundary fence ?

Picture 42541.jpg

Message 7 of 74
Latest reply

I got one of those and does nothing at all makes the rat dogs bark even worse:(

Message 8 of 74
Latest reply

cezm
Community Member

Councils often have something on their websites to help.

Our Council has a 3 step process:

Ours has a letter and some info about caring for dogs, the reasons they bark and how to stop it 

First step is to put it in their letter box (or hand it to neighbours if comfortable)

Next step is to keep a diary for 7 days with times the dog starts and stops barking - here, dogs are allowed to bark for 5 minutes per hour - more than that and it is considered a nuisance

Once we've done that we can upload that to Council website with the complaint form

Message 9 of 74
Latest reply

All I get from your post is that you hate other people and their animals! 

You’ve  sent letters to the owner of the yappy rat dogs next door AND you’ve killed one cat plus caught 13 more and took them to the rspca from another neighbour. A neighbour you’ve accused of growing , smoking and selling weed.  

Now the yappy rat dog owner is looking for the person who put in a complaint against them and you’re getting the blame...... is that right..... Lisa? 🙃

Goodness..... some neighbours do have ‘em! 😏

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 10 of 74
Latest reply