petrol retailers accused of gouging

Massive difference in Sydney petrol prices as some retailers accused of gouging

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-01/coronavirus-petrol-prices-plummet/12109126

i only noticed last night my last few times at woolies i had no savings

usually on the reciept it tells you how much the discounts saved you.

i guess there are no discounts now

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

I can get 98oct for $1.09 and 91oct is 0.93c at some places in Melbourne.

It's times like these you need a big tank at the property.

image host
Message 31 of 38
Latest reply

Interesting subject ; one might conclude due to the wild differences in prices that a  free market economy needs enough customers to be willing to shop around for the best price so as to force by competition a more equal lowest price across all points of sale, unless there is collusion in certain suburbs that force the customer to purchase at a higher price, it being not cost effective to shop elsewhere . 

Message 32 of 38
Latest reply

Would you believe that now some crude oil suppliers are paying up to about AU$50 per bbl to the oil companies to take their oil ! 

Yes negative cost to the oil companies - will will see this relected in the petrol prices keeping in mind the flat rate Govt excise of 27 cents per litre

So if our Australian based oil companies have access to that supply,   rrp petrol price i would imagine 40 cents per litre, a nice boost for our emerging survivor business sector  

Message 33 of 38
Latest reply

@rogespeed wrote:

Would you believe that now some crude oil suppliers are paying up to about AU$50 per bbl to the oil companies to take their oil ! 

Yes negative cost to the oil companies - will will see this relected in the petrol prices keeping in mind the flat rate Govt excise of 27 cents per litre

So if our Australian based oil companies have access to that supply,   rrp petrol price i would imagine 40 cents per litre, a nice boost for our emerging survivor business sector  

cant wait for the govt to start sending refunds for the excise we pay when filling up lol

Message 34 of 38
Latest reply

better still, when filling up the dollars will be going backwards!

walk inside and get paid for filling up!

Message 35 of 38
Latest reply

US oil price falls below $0 for the first time as storage facilities fill up and demand collapses

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-21/oil-price-in-the-us-falls-below-zero-for-the-first-time-ever/...

Message 36 of 38
Latest reply

I've been paying around 85c a litre for weeks now here in Perth. 79c was the cheapest and that same servo hasn't gone over 90c for the best part of the last month

Message 37 of 38
Latest reply

Ours have finally dropped and sits as $113.9 per litre so a 26 cent drop and one station is at $105.9.shok.gif

Message 38 of 38
Latest reply