"pick up artist" cancels tour and leaves country.

Good.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-07/pick-up-artist-julien-blanc-leaves-australia-amid-outrage/5874...

"A self-proclaimed "pick-up artist" who promotes choking women has cut short his Australian seminar tour and left the country.

Julien Blanc, 25, was due to give a talk at the Como Hotel on Wednesday night advising men how to "pick up women from open to close".

His tactics, which include choking women and pulling them into his crotch, have been criticised online as misogynistic and abusive.

After outrage on social media and an online petition attracting thousands of signatures the hotel cancelled his event.

Blanc, from US-based group called Real Social Dynamics, was forced to hold his event on boat on Melbourne's Yarra River last night.

Victoria's Chief Police Commissioner Ken Lay labelled Blanc as "disturbing and offensive" and said he was relieved Victorians had taken a stand against him.

"Labelling women as objects and actively promoting the abuse of women degrades the dignity of our whole community," he said.

"We want to assure everyone that we have been paying close attention to this issue and appreciate that so many community members have expressed concern."

Victoria Police confirmed on social media that Julien Blanc had left Australia.

He had been due to hold seminars in Brisbane next week."

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: "pick up artist" cancels tour and leaves country.

Obviously someone didn't check his background and what he was actually teaching and let him in the country.

Hopefully never to return.

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

a seminar???? Woman Surprised

some people really are stupid.

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

@channys_mum wrote:

@lurker172602 wrote:
What really bothers me is he is only 25. We haven't come far have we :-

That doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as there are women who allow this to be done to them and obviousley support him.

The photo shows him with his hand at that woman's throat. Why is she a willing party to this.

She is putting it out there that it is ok. Mindless **bleep**.

He is ......nah there are no words strong enough.

Looks like the Nigella Lawson photos. Perhaps her previous partner attended some of these sessions.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

@channys_mum wrote:

@lurker172602 wrote:

That doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as there are women who allow this to be done to them and obviousley support him.

The photo shows him with his hand at that woman's throat. Why is she a willing party to this.

What makes you think these women are supporting him or even being a willing party? A stronger man walks up and puts his hand to your throat unexpectedly, it wouldn't take much pressure or any really, to feel threatened. Many women would do anything to try and not upset him in this situation.

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

A knee to the groin should be the reflex action. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

@cosmosgrove wrote:

@channys_mum wrote:

@lurker172602 wrote:

What makes you think these women are supporting him or even being a willing party? A stronger man walks up and puts his hand to your throat unexpectedly, it wouldn't take much pressure or any really, to feel threatened. Many women would do anything to try and not upset him in this situation.

Not as if they were alone somewhere. There was at least one person with a camera. My opinion is that she was part of the act.

I understand what fear can do, and am not down playing a situation if it occurred outside of the stage

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

@channys_mum wrote:

@cosmosgrove wrote:

@channys_mum wrote:

@lurker172602 wrote:

Not as if they were alone somewhere. There was at least one person with a camera. My opinion is that she was part of the act.

I understand what fear can do, and am not down playing a situation if it occurred outside of the stage

I assumed the pic was taken by one of his sidekicks, the photo I've seen is from down low, it looks like the camera was hidden. How intimidating for that woman if she was surrounded by 2 or 3 men encouraging him ๐Ÿ˜•

Personally I would react aggresively, but that comes from years of experience and confidence. As a young woman, would I have had the knowledge how to deal with that situation, probably not. 

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

The only type of people that would attend something like that would be bogan losers that dont know how to speak to ladies,

that said I dont think they are looking for ladies 

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

@the_hawk* wrote:

The only type of people that would attend something like that would be bogan losers that dont know how to speak to ladies,

that said I dont think they are looking for ladies 

Nah, bogans think they're god's gift to women.  

The people coming off the boat looked more like young banking types accounting students.  ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

Where did you get that photo of me, Kopes? Cat Surprised Cat LOL

I've seen footage of that jerk demonstrating his "pick up techniques" and the women all seemed genuinely shocked and upset about it.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 20 of 26
Latest reply