so are we going to see a lot of homeless young people ?

People under 30 who are unemployed will have to wait six months to be eligible for  Newstart benefits, and will only be able to claim it for six months before the benefit is cut for another six months. This six-month cycle of getting benefits cut and returned will continue until someone gets a job or turns 30.

Message 1 of 240
Latest reply
239 REPLIES 239

Re: so are we going to see a lot of homeless young people ?

@kewl_stuff_oz wrote:

well maybe it depends what area lakeland27, i couldn't say its for the whole of Australia, i only go on what i read/see about that & yes the media like to manipulate that info. But i can tell you what i see with my own eyes in the suburb i live in (Box Hill area), which is predominantly Asian residents now, especially near the train station/shopping centre where they're specifically building blocks of units and advertising them for sale in China as they prefer that style of housing.

they can only live in them if they are citizens . almost everyone i know has an investment property .

Message 231 of 240
Latest reply

@bella_again wrote:

Glad all is well and please make the bucket list  a long one ha ha ha!! 😄 It's great you have a plan in place for the kids that is all any parent can do. 🙂 We all do the best we can.  Sadly in order for my girls to have any form of independance they will need some help. I plan to live till 86 and all that though lol!!! 🙂

I know love.

As I said before, you face insurmountable pressures, and everyday, you just keep doing whatever it is that you have to do to get through and find the best solution for your girls.

You my friend, are solid proof that there is a God, and He is kind and loving, because I don't believe in coincidence, and how blessed were your girls the day they were given you as a mum, eh?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 232 of 240
Latest reply

i see your point crikey, don't really know what the answer is as we do need to do something to at least TRY and protect our borders. But we have not had anyone invade us yet without those extra planes have we? So maybe they spend that money when we actually have it left over from looking after the most vulnerable in society & make it affordable for ALL children/teens to get a university education, not just the rich ones.

lakeland, well my friends aren't that rich. They can own them & lease them out without being a citizen or have their relatives who are citizens live in them.

Message 233 of 240
Latest reply

either way australians live in them Smiley Happy

Message 234 of 240
Latest reply

no its actually really good for the older people who already own properties outright & are selling them, just lousy for younger ones who are trying to buy into the market or even rent for an affordable price. Nothing to do with anyone investing in Dubai, i guess their govt can make rules against it if they see the need. and nothing to do with ice creams either 😉

Message 235 of 240
Latest reply

@lakeland27 wrote:

well who do you suggest as a threat ?

The rest of the world!

We have one of the greatest countries in the entire world, and the days of uninhabited possession are over, the only way for countries to gain more land now, is by force - you know - remember that dude called Captain Cook a few hundred years ago?

That sense of security you have not aware of who our external threats are? Thank your governments for that luxury.

Have a look at the DARPA stuff, that'll give you an idea of the threats we potentially face

Message 236 of 240
Latest reply

@kewl_stuff_oz wrote:

i see your point crikey, don't really know what the answer is as we do need to do something to at least TRY and protect our borders. But we have not had anyone invade us yet without those extra planes have we? So maybe they spend that money when we actually have it left over from looking after the most vulnerable in society & make it affordable for ALL children/teens to get a university education, not just the rich ones.

lakeland, well my friends aren't that rich. They can own them & lease them out without being a citizen or have their relatives who are citizens live in them.

Kewl, how do we know when we are going to need them?

Remember 9/11?

It's not like they sent out a notice of intent, eh?

Message 237 of 240
Latest reply

right ..  can we get back to the topic now ? the deplorable actions of the government in regard to young and unemployed people . Smiley Happy

Message 238 of 240
Latest reply

Has there been any suggestion of how someone not receiving income from any source will live?
Message 239 of 240
Latest reply

This thread has now been locked due to the interpersonal disputes occurring and the derailment from the Thread topic.
Message 240 of 240
Latest reply