Latest reply
12,452 REPLIES 12,452

the nothing ,anything ,everything thread

he's not a dog....PNG

🙂

Message 11551 of 12,453
Latest reply

This Coronavirus has come as quite a shock to the system.

There's so much we don't know about it, it's as if we're learning a new thing about it every day...

But thankfully, in all the pandemonium, there was one one constant that we could be sure of...

Spoiler
corona lisa.PNG

I call her The Corona Lisa....

Ha ha...

🙂

Message 11552 of 12,453
Latest reply

You've probably noticed that things have been a bit quiet at this end, of late.

Sorry, maybe I should've said something sooner... Embarrassed face emoticon... ha ha...

The reason is quite straightforward - "Parrot fever", as outlined in the article, below...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-14/parrot-fever-warning-blue-mountains-psittacosis-bird-disease/...

I've been quietly reducing the amount of time they spend here as a means of slowing the potential spread of the bacteria.

The simple truth of it is that I don't want to get sick, I don't want them to get to get sick, and I don't want  the community at large, to potentially be exposed to this bacteria, not if I can do something about it.

Just because, fingers crossed, all of us appear to be asymptomatic, at the moment, means very, very little...

The bacteria could raise it's ugly head and pop up at any time... Controlling the spread of an infection means just that...

Sometimes you to have to put aside your Wants, your Perceived Needs, ahead of the Common Good.

But I'll leave the ranting aside, after all, we've all heard it all before in relation to the Coronavirus outbreak.

So, sorry, birds, sorry, Dear Readers, the birds aren't here as often because I'm making an effort to reduce the amount of time that they are here.

I consider them my friends, and I love them dearly, which is why, perverse as it may sound, I think that it's in everyone's best interests that a form of avian social distancing is practiced.

It strikes me that it's simply common sense.

Certainly enough, the bacteria can be treated with antibiotics, but isn't some measure of prevention a Better Cure than a course of tablets?

Yes, the birds have noticed... They're not being spoilt within an inch of their lives any more, ha ha...

But at the risk of repeating myself, I think it's in everyone's best interests that I do something to try to reduce the risk, to all of us.

Things are somewhat quieter, here, but I think it's for the best.

To some degree it feels like the World's been turned on it's head, but rather than try to carry on as though it's "business as usual", I've chosen to, to use a well worn phrase, to Improvise, Adapt and Overcome.

Don't go thinking that won't be any more bird stories, they'll just come fewer and further between, ha ha...

Sometimes you have to change your life in order to keep having one.

I know, it's a bit of a scroller, sorry, ha ha...

The shorter version being that there is the potential for the spread of a disease, and the easiest way to slow that spread is to act, no matter that it means a relatively minor disruption to the otherwise easygoing flow of life.

I'm sorry that  things have been a bit quiet, but that's because things have been a bit quiet, of late, ha ha...

Keep smiling, and don't forget to wash your hands regularly, ha ha...

🙂

Message 11553 of 12,453
Latest reply

Ecar, it's very sad you can't feed and chat with your feathered friends.

This disease could go on for some time.

Feeling your pain - I only have Turtle Doves and Crested Pigeons venture into my yard for a feed.     (They're the only ones who've realised my cat doesn't care)

But I'd miss them if they weren't there.

Message 11554 of 12,453
Latest reply

I'm feeding the birds less, so they don't congregate for as long.

I still get to see them, so that's good...

And we get to have our moments... ha ha....

An old man birds stayed back, late, this evening.

One of the possums got up, saw him, and decided that the best thing to do was to stay put, in the relative shelter of the doorway of the possum house.

He saw the possum, and out went the wings - the big defensive display at the "Big Bad Thing", as much for it's benefit as for mine - he was letting me know that It was there, and he was not happy about that...

Possums "look like" cats, and cats are something that are best given a wide berth.

Cockatoos "look like" the local species of owl that hunts possums, and so they too are best avoided....

In the fading light of day there's plenty of leeway for misunderstandings, ha ha...

The possum was fine, where she was...

She wasn't about to go anywhere, but he took some convincing that I fully understood the gravity of the situation...

Eventually, I had to walk across the yard, stand almost underneath the possum, and raise my hand to obscure her from view, and in doing so show that she was no threat, before he decided that Okay, it was safe for him to leave, now...

So he did, lurching and croaking off into the growing darkness... ha ha...

They're a weird mob, ha ha...

Life goes on, admittedly, at a somewhat different pace, but it goes on all the same, and I wouldn't have it any other way....

🙂

Message 11555 of 12,453
Latest reply

And did I hear it correctly on the News this evening that cruise lines are taking bookings again?

mask tan.PNG

🙂

Message 11556 of 12,453
Latest reply

Despacito on floor piano -

Message 11557 of 12,453
Latest reply

Absolutely inspired!

Thanks Stawks... I wish I had the coordination to do that kind of thing...

But maybe I do... Is there a tune called "Fifty two card pick up"?  ha ha...

🙂

Message 11558 of 12,453
Latest reply

Before too long the restrictions on road travel - "Only where to, and when you Need to" will be lifted, then... ha ha...

bored-try-this-.jpg

🙂

Message 11559 of 12,453
Latest reply

There's a bloke over the road cleaning up a box trailer with a wire brush - one of those circular ones that attaches to a power drill.

It makes exactly the same noise as the hungry baby cockatoo who's sitting in the tree out the front, making hungry baby cockatoo noises...

I can hear the dull, rasping sound, with just a hint of a whine to it... Is that the baby bird or the bloke? ha ha...

It's all good fun...

🙂

Message 11560 of 12,453
Latest reply