winds, showers &dust storms as front lashes SA

Damaging winds, squally showers and huge dust storms as wintery front lashes SA

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-14/wind-rain-and-dust-storms-lash-south-australia/9658794

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The rain needs to be in Sydney to help out the firemen.

Huge winds have helped destroy quite a bit of bushland, thankfully missing the army base,I'm not sure at the moment if homes have been destroyed.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

The weather was a bit rough, but on the plus side we have had 20 mm. of rain on the Adelaide hills grazing properties. This is enough to germinate the grasses & clovers, so with the ground still being warm, the sheep feed should boom away. Not a moment too soon as some of the mobs of sheep are well into lambing. Luckily we still have a green pick in the water courses, so the sheep are in excellent condition and the lambs are still nice and fresh.

Unfortunately all our remote grazing property 250 km. away recieved was an almighty dust storm......Smiley Frustrated

On the plus side, I,m not carrying a lot of stock out there at the moment. With the dry start to the season I have held extra sheep on the hills properties and can put them in amongst grape vines in the next couple of weeks onto fresh grazing. Its a juggling act, and extra work, but we are hanging in there with the very dry start to the season.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Been a shocker of a weekend here but on the plus side we received 27mm of badly needed rain   ...... Most of the paddocks around here are down to bare dirt, so the rain was badly needed, more would be a real bonus

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply