How can people be allowed to sell damaged broken or not working goods on this site

I bought a 6 stacker CD player / ICC in used condition, the ad stated the item was in good working order, however a few months later when I installed it into my BF XR6 (when my original unit completely stuffed up) it would not accept CDs. As the item was used there was no warranty so I decided to pull it down and see what the problem was, when I got into it the No 1 CD tray was out of alignment blocking the entry port for CDs.... Obviously the person I bought this item from knew it was not in "Good Working Order" but listed it as such any way... Why and how can people sell damaged broken or not working items on this site ???? I know it is not "eBay's" fault as they are just a web site BUT there should be some kind of recourse people like me can go through, I know there is a complaints section here BUT the time limitations has now expired for me to do so... I have been a customer here for many years and this incident has made me rethink purchasing ANYTHING here ever again

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

How can people be allowed to sell damaged broken or not working goods on this site

Therein lies the rub.

eBay DOES provide protections to buyers, however there are set timeframes. Do you seriously expect them to employ the many thousands of people needed to vet every single listing, every time they are edited? Who would pay for that?

If I was buying 2nd hand electronics, I'd make an effort to personally ascertain their condition well before those timeframes expire.

You could try Paypal, they have a 180 day limit from the sale date.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

arnkim0
Community Member
I agree with the comment above, it is in your best interest to make sure that you check everything you possibly can when buying 2nd-hand electronics before the returning timeframe expires. You didn't, why are you blaming eBay?
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Forget Paypal's Buyer Protection. I just went through that, and the seller is protected, i am not.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

That's because you didn't comply with Paypal's requirements.

As others have said, you dodged a bullet - you still have a house and health.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

it happens all the time ..people out to make money.these days
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Very helpful to the OP, especially SEVEN months down the track

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Very helpful to the OP, especially SEVEN months down the track

The OP and 1130 enquiring minds

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

And the post helped those minds how?

And how many of those 1130 have visited this thread this month? Very few I'll warrant. Not to mention that a visit counts as a hit, even if it's the same visitor, which knocks the numbers down.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply