New camera came with 200+ shutter and dents on bottom plate

Bought a new Pen F camera from online store, after receiving the item, soon I realised it isn't brand new, when I turn it on it doesn't take me through the setup process like setting the date (I own a few other Olympus cameras so I know it), and there's a way to check shutter count (the number of times the shutter has been fired), which is 200+, understanding it's usually 20-30 counts out from factory, they need to test it, but 200+ isn't a sign of brand new camera. Also the menu is in a customised state instead of default state. I thought it's OK, as long as it works but later I found a small dent on the edge of bottom plate.

Just want to ask, in such a case, is there anything I can do apart from giving them a negative review? I picked up from Post Office, so I couldn't open the box in front of their stuff (not to mention it was sent to a wrong address, street number 90 instead of 89, spent lots of time explaining to PO stuff to get it).

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Contact the seller first and see what they are prepared to do.

They may offer a part refund.

If the seller is not helpful and providing you paid by PayPal, you have 30 days from last estimated delivery date in eBay to open a case for INAD.

If seen in your favour the seller will need to pay for postage to have it returned and refund you.

Beyond the 30 days you have 180 days in PayPal to open a case for a refund.

image host
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply!

I've contacted Ted's ebay support and they acknowledged that I got a display model (I don't know how could that happen), and I can bring the camera and receipt to a Teds shop to get a replacement, however since I've already claimed for cashback with the model's serial number from the camera company, I asked them if it's still possible to get a replacement, they didn't reply yet, I'll wait till tomorrow.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply