The Ups and Downs of Synonyms (New Game)

I hope this new game will be fun...

In this new game, you have to select a word from the sentence of the previous poster and write a new sentence with a synonym of that word that is either longer or shorter than the original word.

The next poster then chooses a new word from your sentence, selects a synonym of that word that is either longer or shorter and writes a new sentence, and so on.

For example:

- She liked to spend a lot of time at the library, reading old books and pondering about life.

The next poster chooses a word, for example old, and a synonym of a different length, for example elderly, and then writes a new sentence.

- He visited his elderly brother in his tiny apartment and listened to some nice, relaxing music with him.

And so on...

Let's get started...

- When she entered the shop that seemed to have magically appeared overnight, she had a strange feeling of déjà vu, even if she was sure she had never seen it before, let alone entered it.

Message 1 of 142
Latest reply
141 REPLIES 141

GOLDEN - Flamed and aureate with the richness of star-deep glories, the sheep of the Star Maidens grazed upon the tails of comets.

Message 11 of 142
Latest reply

TAILS - While he loved his job herding cattle on the large station, he sometimes became a little bored with the constant view of their hindquarters, which were often quite filthy.

Message 12 of 142
Latest reply

STATION - Whooping wildly and waving around his lariat, the sozzled cowboy yee-hahed all over the ranch before giggling drunkenly towards the main house, all the while having more confidence in his seat than his condition could justify, for within moments he was bucked from his saddle, landing slap-bang on a particularly thorny rosebush.

Message 13 of 142
Latest reply

THORNY - When her son came home with a new spiky hairstyle that looked like a cactus, she thought he had become the new "Statue of Liberty".

Message 14 of 142
Latest reply

STATUE - Going to the Metropolitam Museum of Art to see the sculptures and paintings proudly on display was the highlight of my trip to New York.

Message 15 of 142
Latest reply

DISPLAY - The secret agent was proud of his ability to conceal himself from the enemy when performing his important duties.

Message 16 of 142
Latest reply

@veiled-lady wrote:

DISPLAY - The secret agent was proud of his ability to conceal himself from the enemy when performing his important duties.

pssst - synonym

Message 17 of 142
Latest reply

DISPLAY - The secret agent was proud of his ability to manifest his skill to conceal himself from the enemy when performing his important duties.

(A little rewording, and the thing is done.)

Message 18 of 142
Latest reply

YESTERDAY - I am currently reading a wonderful book, in the past I have been retiscent to read different genre's but I am enjoying it very much.

Message 19 of 142
Latest reply

BOOK - I have always found the "Spoon River Anthology" by Edgar Lee Masters fascinating with its sometimes brutal truth.

Message 20 of 142
Latest reply