The Whack-a-Word game

I hope this might prove to be another enjoyable word game on this board.

The idea is this: the starting poster posts a word that represents a weapon (funny, serious, bizarre, whatever the case may be), and uses that word in a sentence that describes the attack. It can be as simple as "Aimed gun."

(If the weapon uses more than one word, it can be hyphenated but needn't be; it should be treated as one word. Ditto for the defence/armour.)

The second poster posts a word that represents a defence/armour to that weapon (again, it can be funny, serious, bizarre, or whatever), and uses that word in a sentence that describes the defence.

The second poster must then also post a weapon that starts with any of the letters in the preceding weapon word EXCEPT for either first or last letter, and use the word in a sentence describing the attack.

The responding poster posts in the same way as the second poster, and so on.

It can be written in the first person ("I raised my sword") or second person ("He/she raised his/her word").

For example:

POSTER 1:  JELLY-SWORD: I draw my wobbly jelly-sword from its scabbard and with a "ha!", I lunge forward.

POSTER 2: ELECTION POSTER: I raise my election poster and it deflects the attack.

LICORICE TANK: I get into my licorice tank and drive it forward menacingly.

POSTER 3: etc.

Would anyone like to start?

Message 1 of 75
Latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

The Whack-a-Word game

PLASTER STATUE: He wields the plaster statue  with a mighty heave.

Message 2 of 75
Latest reply

The Whack-a-Word game

RATTLING SWORD - Wielding a rattling sword in his wrinkled hand, he advanced with a grin on his face, proudly showing the teeth he still had.

Message 3 of 75
Latest reply

The Whack-a-Word game

HOLDEN WHEEL - She somehow managed to hold a Holden wheel in front of herself to deflect the rattling sword.

TIM TAM LACED WITH CYANIDE - Quietly, subtly, she placed a Tim Tam laced with cyanide on the plate…

Message 4 of 75
Latest reply

The Whack-a-Word game

SACRED MILK - She secretly poured a few drops of sacred milk on the Tim Tam laced with cyanide, thinking they would work as an antidote.

ELECTRIC WELCOME MAT - After studying engineering at the University, he was unable to find a job, so he decided to use his skills to create an electric welcome mat to discourage hawkers.

Message 5 of 75
Latest reply

The Whack-a-Word game

RUBBER BOOTS - He nullified the effect of the Electric Welcome Mat by wearing his best pair of rubber boots.

SHINY CUT-THROAT MIRROR GLAZE ICING - She was sick of the judges criticising her cakes, so topped them with a beautiful shiny cut-throat mirror glaze icing to silence them for good.

Message 6 of 75
Latest reply

The Whack-a-Word game

NECK ARMOUR - He put on a thick neck armour and quietly enjoyed some parts of the cake.

VENOMOUS INK PEN - She equipped the beautifully shiny pen with venomous ink that splashed in her estranged boyfriend's face the second the pen touched the paper.

Message 7 of 75
Latest reply

The Whack-a-Word game

MEDICAL GRADE FACE MASK - Before he picked up the pen, he donned a brand new medical grade face mask and wrote his dissertation with impunity.

SNAPPING ALLIGATOR HANDBAG - Since the area she was visiting was a hotbed of crime, she carried her snapping alligator handbag, which was filled with the severed hands of pickpockets by the time she left.

Message 8 of 75
Latest reply

The Whack-a-Word game

CRAWLING HAND - Inspired by the movie "The Crawling Hand", the astute pickpocket used a similar device to steal from the infamous snapping alligator handbag and save his own hands.

LIGHTNING ROD UMBRELLA - He equipped the umbrella of his wife with a powerful lightning rod designed to roast the unfaithful one.

Message 9 of 75
Latest reply

The Whack-a-Word game

RUBBER ADULTERY ONESIE - She donned her sinfully red rubber adultery onesie before picking up her umbrella, and sashayed out into the pouring rain where lightning clawed at the sky and jaggedly forked downwards to strike the opened umbrella, only to dispense its roasting power harmlessly as she was fully earthed.

BRAKE LINE MUNCHING BEETLE - The coldly enraged entomologist placed the unusual brake line munching beetle under the car of his deadly rival for tenure, knowing that once his rival started the car, it would take the beetle only a minute or two to completely severe the brake line so that the brake fluid would pour out and the brakes would fail.

Message 10 of 75
Latest reply