Change account from UK to Australia

cartoz1
Community Member

My account originally set up in the UK. Now moved to Australia. How do I change my account to operate from Australian site and pay Ebay fees in A$. Many thanks. Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

For anyone looking for an answer to this, I too have moved from the UK to Australia so contacted eBay help and they said it is not possible to change the country of registration and instead recommended to open a new account. How utterly ridiculous that a company as established as eBay does not have this ability. Every other company that I have needed to do this for including Amazon was no issue at all. Now they are telling me I will lose my 20 years worth of positive feedback - thanks eBay!

I can only see how to change address within original country. there isnt an opportunity to change country.

As well as changing your personal details you also need to change your registration region.

You can choose a new home country or region at any time by updating your registration information.

Here's how:

1. Go to the change registration information page.
  2. In the Country field, choose your country from the dropdown menu.
  3. Select Change registration information.
  4. Review your changes and select submit.

Not sure if the above is still the same or if eBay has changed it recently.

Cannot as eBay seems to be useless at a lot of things, including their customer service.

My account got suspended as I couldn't provide ID (they flagged me when I sold something and had not needed it for more than 10 years) , when I didn't have any as my passport I let expire due to COVID it failed and they suspended my account indefinitely, even after getting my relevant ID and providing them it.

This took THREE YEARS to  get correct with me not getting ANYWHERE through eBay or management, I had to complain to Australian Consumer Affairs / Fair Trading through the Australian GOVERNMENT to finally get it resolved.

eBay have finally released my funds after all this time and they are now my last choice to buy things through, Amazon being a clear first as their customer service trumps eBay's there is not even a comparison, they are on another planet eBay is, when you REALLY need them, they were not there and basically either lied, couldn't help me or hung up.

So it does not surprise me in the slightest you cannot do something so simple as to change your address if you moved countries, despite them being a huge international (and useless) company.

We are also trying to change countries as I frequently visit Germany & other parts of Europe and eBay suggested the same thing to me, make a new account, what for each country I visit? Are you kidding me? Beyond stupid.

@papermoon.lady

Not sure, sorry, I'm using Chrome and the page that opens when you click 'view listings'

I am answering here because I cannot add screenshots to comments...

I don't know, I can still only see Australia... 😞

Screenshot 2022-01-29 151741.pngScreenshot 2022-01-29 151823.png

Your account shows you are registered in Australia.

Or do you mean another account?