How do I contest 'Unpaid Item Strike' for items that were paid for?

Hi all

I committed to buy 4 items at auction from a seller with combined shipping.

On the listing he stated he'd combine postage.

After winning the items the seller was unable to combine shipping as it was on "Global shipping program".
He let the listings 'expire' with the new "4 day unpaid rule" (which was brand new at the time) instead of using the correct 'cancel' option. He then did a specific "buy now listing" for my items with my name on it which I then purchased (along with some more items from him) with combined shipping.

But .... I now have 4 unpaid item strikes against my account (for the items I have paid for) from a seller I'm on great terms with. I also checked with ebay prior to any restrictions that there would be no issue with my account .. they said "no, it wouldn't be a problem".

I have spent many hours contacting ebay to be told there is; 
"no problem with my account",
or

"it's a technical issue.. but we're fixing it .. but we don't know when.."
or 

"others are having the same issue" 

or 

"there's nothing we can do".

or

"use a guest account"

or

"it's our policy, nothing can be done"

I now have to be pre-approved to bid on any items and for someone who always keeps good contact with sellers, pays for items and has perfect feedback, this is extremely upsetting on an account that is 15 years old.

Ebay won't tell me how long I will be restricted for but I believe it could be 12 months for an issue that was the sellers fault (who I'm still on great terms with).

I have online chatted, emailed and tried to find a number to call Ebay Australia but have had no help.

Is there anyway to challenge the 'unpaid item strikes' as you could in the previous system... as now they just say, "it's our policy".

I'm being penalised for the sellers mistake.
Apparently ebay, the seller, nor I, can do anything to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Bronwyn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)