I spent 4 hours in 1 hour lots trying to ring the number it is a scam eBay do not answer

eBay do not answer there number after 1 hour it drops out Discracefull conduct I am goint to contact Consumer Affairs to make them aware of this deliberate tactic!!!!

And when I spent 2 hours typing to there agents they hung up on me 4 times and had no idea of my problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

And do please let us know how you get on with CA

If it's selling limits due to you having sold one item in the last five years, search the selling discussion board (not the answer centre) for recent threads about selling limits. Check the dates before bumping them please, as there are old threads about this topic as well.

gewens
Community Member

The eBay Community Boards is a place for eBay members to help and connect with other members. If you need assistance from eBay directly, please contact Customer Support.

Why not post your problem here?

You will receive excellent advice & no doubt a solution to your problem.

I have a question... why do you regard not being paid for an item as a positive experience?

Pretty sure eBay have discontinued the call us option, all the US boardies are up in arms about it, they say it is impossible to find, and I haven't it yet...still looking

If anyone finds it, can they post it as a new thread please.

@v8_racing wrote:

eBay do not answer there number after 1 hour it drops out Discracefull conduct I am goint to contact Consumer Affairs to make them aware of this deliberate tactic!!!!

And when I spent 2 hours typing to there agents they hung up on me 4 times and had no idea of my problem?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hi v8_racing, I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma. Talk about frustration. Well, we do look forward to the day when the phone call can be answered. Anyway, what you could try is going to eBay Help.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/home

Then you can initiate a live chat and then get someone to call you. Call could be within one to two hours.  It has worked for people I know. Definitely there are situations that are better dealt with by talking to an actual person.

I hope that you can have your issue sorted. Cheers.

Was that the call center that has been closed for over a year or another number?

Correct, if chat staff do not have the cheat sheet on the screen in front of them to answer a question, they will hung up

Were you also abusive to them prior to them hanging up?

Please let us know what consumer affairs tell you, lots of people spit the dummy and say they are going to 'report eBay' but they never return with the outcome 

Or, you could post your problem here and other members will more than likely be able to help you