Strange charges to eBay Commerce Australia Pty Ltd

I have been hit with two charges to   eBay Commerce Australia Pty Ltd. , one for $28.54 and another for $23.84.

There are no sellers mentioned and nothing i have bought matches the amounts charged. Please can some-one help, i am on a limited budget and these charges have hit me hard.

Cheers

Troppo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Are they genuine charges on your bank statement

Or did you get an email saying you have been charged those amounts by a scammer pretending to be eBay?

If they are actually on your bank statement, you need to report this to your bank right away, so they can investigate them, cancel your card and get you a new one

You also need to report the charges to eBay as your account may have been compromised without you knowing

Answers (14)

Answers (14)

The charges have been listed on my paypal account as "eBay Commerce Australia Pty Ltd ". They are listed in my bank account as "EFTPOS PAYPAL *EBAY AU 4029357733 " with the same amounts withdrawn. What can i do to find out what is going on?

Cheers

Troppo

Are you certain that you can’t match up these amounts with recent purchases? Have you bought any items listed by overseas sellers? Is it possible that these are from an item in the US, for instance, converted to AUD? Possibly an item sent through the Global Shipping Program where you’ll see the portion that goes to PB (Pitney Bowes) being charged separately from the portion that goes to the seller?

If it’s still not making sense and you made absolutely no purchases in the relevant time period, then yes… contact your bank.

Why am i paying money to  Commerce Australia pty ltd

The amounts you have been charged seem to suggest a conversion from another currency.

If you are sure you didn't buy anything and that nobody else has access to your eBay and PayPal accounts, you should contact your bank immediately, as already suggested.

You also asked how to contact eBay. You can only contact eBay during normal business hours via live chat from the help page (scroll down to "contact us" and go through all the options until the live chat window appears).

This is my first time on these boards so excuse any stupid questions i might ask. I cant find any way to contact ebay directly and i`m having a  hard time working out how to reply to a post, i`m using the answer button on my original post to post a reply to any replies to my post.

Cheers

Troppo

Strange charges.ebay comerce au

I am having strange charges from toyzone.com through eBay commerce for    7 amounts from 24/03/2024 back to and including 13//01/2024. What’s going on? Please let me know ASAP. Thank you

What is ebay commerce.

Thay have taken unauthorised payments from my PayPal account 

Same problem here.

Charge on my credit card via PayPal AU gives neither any info on who is the seller apart from eBay Commerce Australia, nor any clue as to what I bought. Nor does eBay list what I bought.

Simple solution : No more purchases thru PayPal!

Grahame

Hi I got deposit of 65$ ebay commerce Au but 2 weeks after was charged $75 from eBay commerce. Didn't have any purchases on eBay and there's no any transaction so would you help me with this

I have three charges through EBay Commerce which know nothing about. How can I stop these charges

kesei5451
Community Member

I have brought a cord on eBay commerce Australia PTY LTD For $5.16 on the 29th June 2023 and have not received this item payed by PayPal please help

cecil421
Community Member

I need to know  what products  I brought off them so I know  what  ones I have not got please  

What is this charge ,does not say what order was,and payments in two charges item is more expensive than first charge.i will be taking this further as nothing recieved or looks like being sent.Michele Mills