To whom it may concern. I am trying to buy an item thru ebay. When I select buy it now, I am asked t

rob-34192
Community Member

To whom it may concern. I am trying to buy an item thru ebay. When I select buy it now, I am asked to login or register. I enter my email address and press register and am told that I have already registerred with that email address. So I think perhaps my password needs to be reset, so I try to reset my password and it tells me there is a problem with my email address. I try to call the 1800 number as I live in Astralia, and all I get is a voice over tellming to go to the web and then it hangs up. By now I am pretty frustrated and would like just to speak to a real person that can sort this out for me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

When you type in your email address hit the button that says log in not the one that says register as you are already registered! If you cannot remember you password then there is a "forgot password" option that will send something to your email address so you can log in, but you will be required to change you password.

This is the member to member forum (just other members like you)

(and we are in Australia too)

eBay staff do not read here

The call center has been closed for over three years now

eBay help is at the top of every page, but doubtful cs would know what is going on (they just read from scripts)

You are posting, so obviously registered and logged in or you could'nt post here

Have you tried simply just logging in to 'that part' of eBay (to buy) rather than trying to register again (since you are already registered, you do not need to do it again now)

Otherwise, is someone else in home a member who has stayed 'logged in' ?

Have you tried clearing cache/cookies etc?

Have you tried another browser?

Are you on the app or the real site?