eBayCommerce Australia Pty Ltd - is this eBay or a scam??

WARNING: I made an eBay purchase via PayPal on the 12/Feb/2023. The Paypal confirmation states "You've paid $10.29 (AU) to eBay Commerce Australia Pty Ltd" and the money has come out of my bank account. BUt I haven't received the product and my eBay account has no record of the purchase. So I assume that eBay Commerce Australia Pty Ltd is a SCAM SITE.

Can eBay respond to the above? Is this true? What is eBay doing about it? How do I get my money back ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

hem771123
Community Member

I also would like to know if eBay Commerce Australia Pty Ltd are scammers. I  made a purchase thinking I was purchasing from eBay.  Finding the goods which were for a birthday gift for a young child to be faulty I went back to eBay and they have no record of me purchasing them. Then I was advised by PayPal that my purchase was from eBay Commerce. 
I have no idea how it changed to eBay Commerce. 

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

@chriya-3814 wrote:

WARNING: I made an eBay purchase via PayPal on the 12/Feb/2023. The Paypal confirmation states "You've paid $10.29 (AU) to eBay Commerce Australia Pty Ltd" and the money has come out of my bank account. BUt I haven't received the product and my eBay account has no record of the purchase. So I assume that eBay Commerce Australia Pty Ltd is a SCAM SITE.

Can eBay respond to the above? Is this true? What is eBay doing about it? How do I get my money back ?

eBay do not read the member to member forum so are not going to respond, nor do they have any clue about what happened as you have not opened a dispute/alerted them or contacted them

Did you use this account to buy on? or another account? or did you buy as a guest?

Have you changed the drop down menu on the account you bought on to cover that time period?

What was the estimated delivery date?

You have 30 days past that to open an item not received dispute to get your money back

Since you say you paid with PayPal, you have 180 days

No, it is not a scam, but someone who has not read the buying basics or used the tools they were given 

On the 21/10/2023 I ordered a cd from 

eBay Commerce Australia and payed $37.65 

order number 

24-10691-45670 I am still waiting for the order and delivery to